Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Bangs

Started by Senkusha, March 21, 2024, 06:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Senkusha

I happen to think I look awesome and cute with bangs.  I'm also over 40 and didn't begin my transition until I turned 40, so I have a mild case of the old Receding Hairline.  Do you prefer wearing bangs?  Why or why not?

20210303_151417.jpg

Forgive the dirty mirror, I was in a homeless shelter when I took this selfie.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee

Maid Marion

Wish I could do bangs, but at 60, I no longer have enough hair to pull off that look.
But I have enough hair up front to look feminine.

I've been letting it grow long so it now reaches the middle of my back.
  •  

LoriDee

I prefer bangs.
It helps hide some of my huge forehead, but mostly because they cover the outer ends of my brows which are very sparse. So the bangs may be swept to the outside, but still hide the brows.
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

•  

Colorado Girl

I would absolutely wear bangs if my naturally receding hairline would allow it...LOL! However, it will be wigs for anytime I'm out and about (some with bangs). BTW - bangs look very cute on you!
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Well I like the downward bangs but for me sideswept bangs is the way to go for my hair, if bangs were present.  For a wig, I would go for longer hair, sometimes a pony tail, but for downward bangs I would need to get that look styled in. I do enjoy the curling of the long wig hair (it adds volume to the hair and can look good) that comes down from the sides of my face and to my boobs.  Or tossing some of it behind my back and leaving some coming down in front.

But all in all, I would rather not wear a wig much at all.  I like my shorter hair.

The downward bangs can look very cute depending on the shape of your face and if it looked good with the rest of your hair or wig. 

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

NancyDrew1930

I like having my bangs down covering my forehead.  I find that they give me that feminine look, and they also give me that youthful look.  People still think that I look like I'm 22 or 23 even though I just hit the big four-oh.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

All this talk about hair reminds me to not take for granted that being a woman certainly has its nice benefits of having pretty hair options. 

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

big kim

•  

Faith

I used to wear something closer to bangs prior to transition, now I go for slightly shorter front that allow for the locks to frame my face ..  my profile photo, for example
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

ChrissyRyan

When wearing a long wig, I do have the option of braiding, which can be really pretty.

Chrissy
  •