Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Biden Agrees to Ban LGBTQ Pride Flags at US Embassies

Started by Jessica_Rose, March 22, 2024, 06:01:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica_Rose

Biden Agrees to Ban LGBTQ Pride Flags at US Embassies

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/biden-agrees-to-ban-lgbtq-pride-flags-at-us-embassies/ar-BB1kiPHr?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=e4eff45fc7a44b94b368834db0293a60&ei=95

Story by Mike Dorning (21 March 2024)

(Bloomberg) -- President Joe Biden agreed to ban US embassies from flying the LGBTQ pride flag as part of a $1.2 trillion spending deal to keep most US government agencies open through Sept. 30.

House Speaker Mike Johnson has been promoting the flag prohibition, which was tucked into the funding agreement, as a victory for Republicans as he tries to rally support for the measure within his party.

A Democrat familiar with the funding deal said the provision prohibits displaying any flag other than an approved US flag, so it also would prevent embassies from flying Confederate or Trump-themed "Make America Great Again" flags. There is no ban on embassy officials' personal use of Pride flags.

The prohibition on unapproved flags would only last for the duration of the funding deal, which ends Sept. 30.
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee

Jenn104

More proof Genocide Joe is not an ally, except perhaps of convenience. In my opinion anyway.
"I want to be remembered as a woman ... who dared to be a catalyst of change."
                 - Shirley Chisolm

•