Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

‘What Helped Me Through My Transition’

Started by Jessica_Rose, March 24, 2024, 07:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica_Rose

'What Helped Me Through My Transition'

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/what-helped-me-through-my-transition/ar-AA1cT28P?ocid=windirect&cvid=372d3164cf884d3ca702f9c64f7885fe&ei=58

Story by Tiana Randall (June 2023)

While no one handbook can guide someone through every unexpected moment when transitioning — even, ahem, ones that come close — we can look to those who've been there before and learn from them. The Cut asked models, activists, artists, influencers, and more to share the advice, mantras, and support that helped them during their own transitions.

Emira D'Spain, first Black transgender Victoria's Secret model
"No rain, no flowers." Bad days are inevitable, but so are great ones. Transitioning is a long journey that is going to have its ups and downs, but that's the beauty of it. To all of my young trans people, the good days are coming. It'll all work out, I promise.

Geena Rocero, activist and model
My trans mother Tigerlily always said, "You have to find people who only want the best for you. Once you've found them, do everything you can to nurture that relationship to make it last." Chosen family and community doesn't always need to be 20 or 10 people — sometimes, it only takes one person.

Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee