Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

We don't have a secret agenda – we're just asking you to let us live

Started by Jessica_Rose, March 30, 2024, 05:47:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica_Rose

I'm a trans man. We don't have a secret agenda – we're just asking you to let us live.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/i-m-a-trans-man-we-don-t-have-a-secret-agenda-we-re-just-asking-you-to-let-us-live/ar-BB1kMWlH?ocid=windirect&cvid=48f036865c5a4b7a9de063cbc2a33236&ei=6

Opinion by Kasey Suffredini (30 March 2024)

My wife gave birth to our first child earlier this year, and I am over-the-moon in love with being a father to my baby boy. Along my parenthood journey, I've thought a lot about the life I want to help build for my son and the community I want him to grow up in.

I hope my son never has to feel a drop in his stomach as he approaches the cashier at a grocery store, anxious that he might be turned away simply because of who he is. I don't want him to stress about his first apartment application being denied for the same reason. I hope he's never told by a doctor that he can't get treatment for his cold because the doctor doesn't know how to treat "people like him."

When my son grows up, I have no idea what he'll be interested in, or who he'll fall in love with, or what he will want to do with his life.

But I do know one thing for certain: I want my child to live in a world where they are safe and free to be exactly who they are.

Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Jessica_K, LoriDee

Jessica_K

The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

•