Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Hunter Schafer Says She's Turned Down "Tons" of Trans Roles...

Started by Jessica_Rose, April 03, 2024, 06:01:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica_Rose

Hunter Schafer Says She's Turned Down "Tons" of Trans Roles: "I Just Don't Want to Do It"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/hunter-schafer-says-she-s-turned-down-tons-of-trans-roles-i-just-don-t-want-to-do-it/ar-BB1kY4J3?ocid=windirect&cvid=aa584c4680dc4e4985cb2d5d915a8249&ei=38

Story by Zoe G Phillips (2 April 2024)

Hunter Schafer said this week she'd like to shift the public's focus away from her trans identity.

"I just want to be a girl and finally move on,"... she's even hesitant to say the word "trans" in interviews.

"As soon as I say it, it gets blastoff," she said. "It took a while to learn that, and it also took a while to learn that I don't want to be [reduced to] that, and I find it ultimately demeaning to me and what I want to do. I worked so hard to get to where I am, past these really hard points in my transition, and now I just want to be a girl and finally move on."

In high school, Schafer was highly publicized for being the youngest plaintiff in a lawsuit challenging North Carolina's House Bill 2, which banned trans people from using public bathrooms that didn't match the gender on their birth certificate.

"I felt like I had to make my art a response to everything that was happening in North Carolina...," she said. "I think I felt like, Oh, I'm trans. I should be making art about this."

"If I let it happen, it would still be giving 'Transsexual Actress' before every article ever."

==============================================================================================

I Love this comment: 'I just want to be a girl and finally move on.'

The fewer labels attached to me, the better. I'm good with 'human', or even 'female human'. The more labels you attach, the more stigma and preconceived notions you are forced to carry, accept, or refute.

Love always -- Jess
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee

ChrissyRyan

I love being a woman and simply want to blend into the world as another woman.
I am getting closer to satisfying my long time need.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee

LoriDee

I feel the same way!

I often wonder if someday when I am post-op if I will still identify as trans. I don't think I will. But I also realize that our transitions are life-long journeys, so maybe I will. Surgery seems so far away in the distance that I will have plenty of time to decide.
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019 - Full time / 2020 - HRT / 2024 - Voice Training
  •