Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

VMAs: P!nk Tells Touching Story About Her Daughter...

Started by Jessica_Rose, April 04, 2024, 07:46:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica_Rose

VMAs: P!nk Tells Touching Story About Her Daughter While Accepting Video Vanguard Award

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/general-news/vmas-2017-pnk-receives-michael-jackson-video-vanguard-award-1033054/

BY SYDNEY ODMAN (27 Aug 2017)

In her acceptance speech, the pop artist told a heartfelt story about an experience with her 6-year-old daughter...

When Willow expressed concerns about feeling ugly, P!nk elected to make a PowerPoint presentation to inspire her daughter to never change despite what others may think. In the presentation, P!nk included "androgynous rock stars and artists that live their truth and are probably made fun of every day of their life, and carry on and wave their flag and inspire the rest of us." She listed off musical inspirations such as Michael Jackson, David Bowie, Freddie Mercury, Annie Lennox, Prince, Janice Joplin, George Michael and Elton John.

In regard to Willow's struggles over looking "like a boy with long hair," P!nk responded with advice from her own experiences.

"When people make fun of me, that's what they use. They say I look like a boy or I'm too masculine or I have too many opinions or my body is too strong. And I said, do you see me growing my hair? 'No, Mama.' Do you see me changing my body? 'No, Mama.' Do you see me changing the way I present myself to the world? 'No, Mama.' Do you see me selling out arenas all over the world? 'Yes, Mama.'"

"So baby girl, we don't change," P!nk told her daughter. "We take the gravel and a shell, and we make a pearl. And we help other people to change so they can see more kinds of beauty."

=====================================================================

I realize this is an old story, but time doesn't change the wisdom and beauty of her words.

Love always -- Jess
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Sarah B