Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Have you got your average prep time to go out down?

Started by ChrissyRyan, April 04, 2024, 04:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissyRyan

Have you got your average prep time to go out down?  Is it down to about half the time as it was during your very early times of your transition?  Perhaps your prep time did not go down at all, because you are conscientious about your appearance but you make much better use of your time, you simply prep more than ever because you now know what really should be done more.

I am not talking about going somewhere really fancy when you might "doll up" more, or whenever you go to an event where you need some extra time to get ready to attend.

What I am taking about is getting ready for your workday, or to see friends, or to shop, interview, volunteer, and so on.  Not that you would not want to look good for these situations, but that these situations are more typical of everyday living.

Chrissy

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

LoriDee

Just going to run errands or visit a friend is quick: Hat and minimal or no makeup.

Doctor appointments, dentist, out to dinner, then its hair (wig) and full makeup. But even that time is less than it used to be. I used to fuss with makeup for hours. Now that I have learned what works (got compliments, yay!) it takes less time to do it.
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

•  

Jessica_K

I put on makeup everytime I go out. It's the same every day. Unless i poke the mascara in my eye or fail with the brows then I can do it in 15 mins or less.

Sleek in your tone foundation brushed on

Compressed powder to blend face an neck and removes any shine from the foundation

Mascara for what little eye lashes I have

4 colour eye shadow using 4 brushes

Brow colour for what little brows I have

Lip liner and lipstick manly to bring back my lip shape after the foundation

Done, brush and put my wig on and face the world.

Jessica
Xxx
The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

•  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: LoriDee on April 04, 2024, 04:50:21 PMJust going to run errands or visit a friend is quick: Hat and minimal or no makeup.

Doctor appointments, dentist, out to dinner, then its hair (wig) and full makeup. But even that time is less than it used to be. I used to fuss with makeup for hours. Now that I have learned what works (got compliments, yay!) it takes less time to do it.

Less is more for makeup, at least for me. 

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

LoriDee

"Less is more for makeup, at least for me."

It took a lot of practice for me to learn that lesson. I would end up with foundation crinkling in the smile lines and it looked horrible. Wash it off and start over. I discovered an online "class" given by a Hollywood makeup artist and I learned a few things. One of which was that he had no idea how to do MtF makeup. When he was done, it looked bad. I started watching a lot of YouTube tutorials and got some cool tips. Then it was practice, practice, practice.

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: LoriDee on April 04, 2024, 09:16:40 PM"Less is more for makeup, at least for me."

It took a lot of practice for me to learn that lesson. I would end up with foundation crinkling in the smile lines and it looked horrible. Wash it off and start over. I discovered an online "class" given by a Hollywood makeup artist and I learned a few things. One of which was that he had no idea how to do MtF makeup. When he was done, it looked bad. I started watching a lot of YouTube tutorials and got some cool tips. Then it was practice, practice, practice.

Ah yes, practice.  That is essential. 

To be completely open, I would rather not bother with makeup.  However, a little bit does make my face look nicer.  So I do it.  I want it to come out so it looks like I did not have makeup on, but in reality that means looking like I have very little of it on.

Chrissy
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Sometimes you can get free makeup applications and application advice at a transgender event.
There could be a drawback when makeup and applicators are shared in a public event though, it may not be as sanitary as your own makeup, brushes, and applicators.  At least, it seems so.

Chrissy

•  

Jessica_K

My makeup sounds a lot, but it's mainly to compensate for what I have not naturally.

I do not have any bottom eyelashes, very little top, and no noticeable brows. My lips are thin. Careful use of the makeup is so much more feminine. The eye shadow is a little indulgence but I have pretty eyes.

Jessica
Xxx
The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

•  

LoriDee

Quote from: Jessica_K on April 05, 2024, 01:15:45 AMI do not have any bottom eyelashes, very little top, and no noticeable brows. My lips are thin. Careful use of the makeup is so much more feminine. The eye shadow is a little indulgence but I have pretty eyes.

My lashes have just started getting longer (Thank you, Super Vitamin B Complex). But they are gray/blonde which makes my lower lashes nearly invisible. A light touch of mascara helps. My lips are thin too and red lipstick is too much. I use a soft pink which looks more natural and draw just outside the edge to make them look bigger. I use Maybelline ColorStay because it stains the lips. I can wipe it off or after eating and a hint of natural color still shows.

•  

noleen111

My prep time has down as lot as got better at applying makeup.

I rarely leave the house without makeup, but every day stuff, I dont really wear too much, my day to day look, is mostly eye makeup...  I am ready in 10 to 15 min.

so its  Mascara, some eye pencil and eye shadow and some lipstick.. no foundation or blush.. If my husband takes me out for date night or its a special occasion.. then I wear heavier eye makeup with foundation, blush etc... that take me longer to get ready.. My husband is actually very patient. He does appreciate it when I doll myself up for him. 
Enjoying ride the hormones are giving me... finally becoming the woman I always knew I was
  •  

Faith

I spend my time choosing an outfit, my moods change. But, top first and the rest follows. As for makeup, I rarely wear any. If I look a bit tired or whatever, I put on my zero power glasses for aesthetics. At work I don't generally bring glasses since I wear readers most of the day

Case in point, today's look:
(I hope it looks better on your screen than it does on mine)

20240405_104824.jpg
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

davina61

You look as lovely as ever Faith, well it takes me 10mins to put a face on.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Faith