Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Hello, hello!

Started by verycuriousgeorge, April 06, 2024, 12:43:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

verycuriousgeorge

Hi there. You can call me V. I'm 20, and nonbinary... I think.

I'm hesitant to label myself with anything because I'm not sure if my lack of self-identity and sense of self can be attributed to my history of mental illness, or if I really am some sort of nonbinary. All I know is that I don't quite feel entirely male or female. Some secret third thing, a sexless entity, like mist or a cloud. I possess great femininity and masculinity, and I can manipulate those traits as I please — that is all I know.

Pleased to make your acquaintance. ❤️

LoriDee

Hello V,

Welcome to the forums!

I see our lovely Sarah has officially welcomed you and we are all glad you are here.

For most of my life, I felt as you do. (you can read my story linked below). I never saw myself or others in any sexual context. I felt feminine but was forced into a masculine role. After years of therapy, I figured out who I am. My doctors describe me as "asexual trans feminine".

I think that you may be non-binary if you do not identify as either male or female or even remain fluid and flow back and forth between the two. Gender is fluid. Some people don't flow much, others flow quite a bit.

Are you currently seeing a therapist or psychologist? If not, I strongly encourage you to seek out one that can help with gender identities. It helped me tremendously. They can help you figure out who you are and what obstacles you may face ahead.

It seems to me that you may be happy, just not sure where you fit on the spectrum. That is perfectly natural. I think we all have gone through that at some time in our lives. Exploring and discovering who we are can be an exciting time.

There is a ton of information available to you here. If you get lost or need help, feel free to reach out. We are here to help each other. If you like, you can start a Member Blog where you can tell your story. Share only what you are comfortable with.

We look forward to getting to know you better. Welcome to Susan's Place.

My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

•  
    The following users thanked this post: Sarah B