Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Contouring bigger face

Started by NancyDrew1930, April 11, 2024, 07:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NancyDrew1930

So I'm just wondering for those like myself who are bigger in terms of weight, how do you contour your face to make it look more feminine.  I've watched some Youtube videos, however, most of those girls are you "Barbie" skinny, so for the contouring they do a good job for a face with very little fat.  However, I haven't been able to find any advice for those of us who are bigger and have more fat on our face.
  •  

LoriDee

I am hardly a makeup expert, but as I understand it, you can imagine a light shining down from above. The highlights will be lighter, such as the nose, cheekbones, forehead, and chin. Areas in shadow get a darker shade, such as the neck, below the cheekbones, under the chin, sides of the nose, etc. You would blend between the two so you don't have lines of contrasting color. Lighter under the eyes and in the inner corner, makes them stand out. Darker under the brow (eye shadow). You will need to practice and try different shades to figure out what works for your bone structure. The other advice I was given is when applying coverup or foundation using your finger to apply will give a lighter layer and a more natural look. Using a sponge will give you better coverage, but can start to look caked on. I have larger pores so I use liquid. Powders like Bare Minerals tend to settle into the pores and make them stand out.

Hopefully, you will find something here that is helpful.

Hugs!
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

•