Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Something Foolish

Started by Michelle_K, May 15, 2024, 10:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michelle_K

The cataracts in my eyes were so bad that I did not see the parking brake light in the dash of my car. I drove it several times without releasing the parking brake until a half mile down the road. I burned up the rear brakes. I had planned to go to the St Cloud, MN VA., but my eyes were bad enough that I would not be able to read the street signs. Now my car needs to be repaired first. I used to do my own maintenance, and did not realize I needed an appointment to get my car repaired. My appointment is at the end of the month.
My eyes have already been repaired, and now they need to heal. With the cataracts gone, I can now see the computer monitor without glasses. I even had to turn down the brightness. I will need glasses for driving, but I found an old pair that now gives me 20/20 vision.
It got a bit depressing as I could not drive anywhere, and had to rely on the senior center for a driver to take me to the eye doctor.
It is a mile walk to the grocery store from home with the post office midway between. I try to do this walk daily, even when I don't get groceries.
I will need to take some papers with me to St Cloud, as the name on my dd214 does not match the name on my driver's license.
Michelle
  •