Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Had my appointment today

Started by Alana1990, May 30, 2024, 09:42:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alana1990

I had my first appointment with the gender therapist this afternoon. It went very well. She was able to give me a few ideas, and that made the lightbulb go off in my head. It very much cleared my mind. I'm looking forward to talking to her again.

Sarah B

Hi Alana

Hi Alana, It's good your consultation went well.  I said in another post:

Quote from: Sarah B on May 22, 2024, 07:30:44 AM. . . . .

So to answer your questions, as others have said the first appointment will be a meet and greet, in other words both of you will get to know one and another.  Mine as far as I know was basically the same.

What should I expect to be asked?  Well I guess the answer to this would be "why are you here?" and of course only you know that answer to that questions and what do you want from talking to the gender therapist.

I hope things go well with your appointment.

. . . . .

I hope you covered what I mentioned and you have said, "some light bulbs have gone off in your head" and it's also good to hear that you are on your way and you have some ideas to work on.

Take care and all the best for the future.

Love and Hugs
Sarah B
Official Greeter

Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story
Feb 1989 Living my life as Sarah.
Feb 1989 Legally changed my name.
Mar 1989 Started hormones.
Feb 1991 Surgery.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Alana1990

LoriDee

That is good news, Alana!
Thanks for the update.
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - Legal Name Change / 2024 - Voice Training
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Alana1990 on May 30, 2024, 09:42:01 PMI had my first appointment with the gender therapist this afternoon. It went very well. She was able to give me a few ideas, and that made the lightbulb go off in my head. It very much cleared my mind. I'm looking forward to talking to her again.

I am glad this went well for you.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

imallie

So glad it went well! First step is finding someone you like and trust. Now the work begins! *cracks knuckles* 🙄😂
  •  

ChrissyRyan

The upcoming appointments should be even more helpful.
I still go from time to time as I find issues pop up every once in awhile.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •