Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Contact Lenses and nails

Started by natalie, January 18, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

natalie

I wear contacts.
so i been growing out my nails and
i find removing contact lenses difficult, even painful.

any advice?

thanks,

-Natalie

•  

Steph

Quote from: natalie on January 18, 2008, 08:46:58 PM
I wear contacts.

any advice?

thanks,

-Natalie

I have the same problem.  What I do is use a Q tip and stroke the lens towards my nose and it pops out.  Easy.

Steph
  •  

Kate

Quote from: natalie on January 18, 2008, 08:46:58 PM
I wear contacts.

any advice?

I used to use the sides of my finger. Or put my finger on it directly as usual, but slide the lense straight down until it bunched up against the bottom and came out.

HRT dried out my eyes though, and I haven't been able to tolerate contacts since starting it.

~Kate~
  •  

natalie

ouch!
don't use your nails to dig them out either.
  •  

Autumn

When I saw this thread, I thought it was my old thread bumped... I asked the same question.

I use, I guess, the 'ball' of my thumb and the side of the tip of my index finger, sometimes I pinch the contact partially through my eyelids. Squinting at the right time can help some too. It's just something you'll get used to as time goes on, it's quite possible. Just don't use the nail, in my experience it never works.

One time I had a lens stuck to my eyeball, I could not get it out. So I slept with it in and the lens became lubricated enough over night to come out effortlessly the next morning. Contacts are an inexact science.
  •  

SarahFaceDoom

I have always used the bottom of my finger to drag it down to the bottom of my eye onto the bottom of my thumb, and kind of pinch it out.  So nail size doesn't really enter into it for me.  But I don't grow my nails very long generally anyways.
  •