Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Question on where to go

Started by born2learn, March 15, 2006, 04:18:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

born2learn

Hi, im new here. i was wondering if anyone know where i can go for hysterectomy or Laparoscopy .
Im with really low budget so im not sure where i can go for these surgery as well as Mastectomy.
  •  

Dennis

It depends on where you live and what sort of medical system/insurance you have.

Dennis
  •  

born2learn

My medical insurance dont cover transgender. So anything i do i need to pay with my own money. Well i pay part payment for doctor visit. My insurance is HMSA. I have to pay the insurance company too. I heard going to thailand is cheap. I want to have a good surgery. I been hearing lot of scary story about going to doctor and surgeon outside of USA. I needed to have Mastectomy , hysterectomy with oophorectomy. I heard laparoscope is better.
  •  

Dennis

I think in general, the Thailand connection is for MtF surgery. I haven't heard much about FtM surgery there. Also, those particular procedures aren't expensive enough in the US to justify a plane ticket to Thailand. You'd be better off shopping around and finding an affordable surgeon in the US or, if you live near the Canadian border, in Canada. Canadian surgery prices tend to be a little cheaper.

Dennis
  •  

andy

Have you tried " http://www.transster.com/"?  This place shows photos of surgery, plus which doctors performed them and where.  You can do a search by type of surgery or a search of Doctors by state. I think many guys quote the cost as well. Good luck.
  •  

born2learn

I haved visited the website. Got some interesting picture. Well i know what i needed. However, I dont know who to go to get the surgery. I know i need those two surgery in order to change gender and name for my id and passport. I needed that inorder to get better job. Cause it a headache when they see me as a male and when i show my id which state female. They then look at me funny and I dont know what else to say. It worst when co worker everyday u go to work they keep question you and then ask for id. At time i feel like im in a room and the wall are keep closing in. My doctor know someone who can perform the laparoscopy but they not sure willing cause they never done it without insurance. Over here.. well the medical insurance doesnt cover those thing.
  •  

andy

Hmmm...where are you located, B2L?  I think most states here don't exactly require a hysterectomy, but you need to have letters from Doctors, etc. saying that you are transitioning or transitioned, on T, stuff like that.  A lot of guys get mastectomies long after they have been on T and are officially declared "male".  Are you in the U.S.?
  •  

born2learn

Yeap, im in usa. They required those two surgery and a doctor letter to change the id and also to get name change with them taken care of the birth cert as well.
  •