Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Questions for guys on T...

Started by andy, March 19, 2006, 09:28:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy

Hi, I have some questions for those of you who have been on T for a while.  I am struggling at this point in my life, worrying whether to go ahead with transition.  I have all of the usual fears...abandonment by family members, friends, etc.  I have also perhaps an unusual fear.  I am afraid of loss of emotional range.  The way I am now, if I read something beautiful or hear a piece of amazing music, it can move me to tears and l like that part of me.  Realistically, I know that men must have a wide emotional range, because most of this beautiful poetry and amazing music was written by men...however, an MTF acquaintance of mine told me that she moved from what she described as "the emotional range of a turnip" to the person she is today on HRT.  This concerns me greatly.  I do not want to move into "turnip" mode, LOL!  So, my question is, did you detect a loss of emotional range when you started on T, or do you feel that you are basically the same emotionally?
Thanks in advance,
Andy
  •  

Dennis

I think I'm basically the same emotionally. I never had a whole lot of emotional range. I do cry less easily though, but still feel the emotions that would have caused it.

I've heard some guys say they feel more stable on T, but that's probably resolution of dysphoria.

Dennis
  •  

andy

That's good to hear...my Doctor hadn't heard anything along those lines, either.  Actually, I don't cry often at all, but when I do, it is usually because of something like the poetry, music etc. that I mentioned.  The dysphoria part does suck and I think that actually passing socially and feeling a tad more congruent would go a long ways toward easing that discomfort.  Thanks for your reply.
  •