Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

I hate hearing the phone ring lately........

Started by Ms Bev, February 14, 2008, 10:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ms Bev

Since I came out at work last spring, my straight commision income has taken a nosedive. Partly, because business is just not very good. But a bigger part was caused by my loss of focus on selling.  My concentration was so focused on protecting my place as Beverly in the sales force that my income suffered substantially. 
Things are now turning in my favor, but too little, too late, and I'm in one of the worst short-term financial pinches of my adult life.  Oh, the tide is certainly turning, but I hate hearing the phone ring lately.  I'm waiting for several checks to come in....1 small, another nice, and a third, my tax return.  It looks like my return is going to pay our debts, and catch us up to date.  Looks like there will be nothing left.  Oh well.  Bummer.  For once I had hoped to keep several hundred in savings for a change.
And now, My hair looks like >-bleeped-<...I haven't been to the hair dresser in over a month, and my nails are growing out to the limit after almost a month.  Yeah, yeah....I know.....poor poor Bev, can't afford the hair or nails.  But it impacts my sales also.  Doing consultative sales and looking shabby do not go together well, and when your hair is as fine and thin as mine, well, the better it's maintained, the more feminine it looks.

Arrggg!!!!!
Come in, checks!

*sigh* Thanks for listening

Bev
1.) If you're skating on thin ice, you might as well dance. 
Bev
2.) The more I talk to my married friends, the more I
     appreciate  having a wife.
Marcy
  •  

Keira

Usually, when you react this way its related to anxiety.

For awhile, phones made me mad and I was on edge when
one rung.
  •  

Ms Bev

Well....the thorn has been pulled out, and the financial pain is not so bad.  The tax return has settled some debts, and I feel better again with a new cute, short hair style.  The nails I'll have done at lunchtime tomorrow.  I had a pretty good day today customer-wise, and it did my heart good for the women of couples I sold to say things to their husbands like, "it's a woman thing honey.  she (me) and I understand what we're doing", and the behind the back silent communication woman to woman, etc.

And now it all feels better again.  I also did well selling to similarly minded women.  Maybe I shouldn't be in "straight" commission sales?  Maybe I should be in gay commission sales  ;D

Oh well
God bless us, one and all

Bev
Bev
Marcy
  •  

Yvonne

I'm like that too.  When I am watching the telly I won't have the telly on when alone because it is too noisy, children's voices go right through me and I can't stand to be in a noisy restaurant either. When on the pc I have had to close the door to block out the noise of somebody else watching the telly or get up and turn it down for them because I really cannot stand it.  I hope you find the cause for your noise aversion.
  •  

Ms Bev

Quote from: Ashley Michelle on February 16, 2008, 11:25:46 PM
i think she means the creditors are calling, not that she doesnt like hearing the phone ring.

god, been there and done that one myself

*NODS*

Uh huh.  The calling has stopped for now

Bev

Bev
Marcy
  •  

Jordan

•  

drkprincess

I hate it when the phone rings even tho its never for me. But on the bright side its good that you are gonna be able to catch up. I know the feeling of being broke all to well and it can wear on you. I would offer to do your hair.. but I can hardly do my own LoL. Sometimes I wish there was more I could do to help people but maybe some hugs will help *ultra huge huggles* :-D

~Rachel~
  •