Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Trach shave

Started by Audrey, February 27, 2008, 10:33:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Audrey

I am wanting to get my trach shave done in the next few months as it is one of those obvious things that will give me away.  There is a good surgeon about an hour away who is an otolaryngologist and a plastic surgeon.  An older friend of mine went to him for a facelift and he did an awesome job.   I am just curious as to the cost of a procedure like this in the states.  What are your experiences?

Audrey
  •  

Berliegh

Quote from: redfish on February 27, 2008, 10:42:10 AM
I'm getting one with my surgery, and it didn't seem too too expensive - maybe around 3,000 or so? But I don't remember very well.

I've heard they can make your voice sound raspier which makes me kind of nervous since I fear for my singing voice, but I trust my surgeon and I'm sure if I had a raspy voice I could still at least sing in a punk band or something, lol..

Yes, throat surgeons won't touch singers.........especially if they want pitch altering surgery.
  •  

Audrey

I am not getting pitch altering surgery .  All I want is a little off the top. 

Audrey
  •  

Sandy

My shave cost about $3500 (Chicago).  I was raspy for a couple weeks but recovered my voice with no problem.  More like a sore throat than anything else.

-Sandy
Out of the darkness, into the light.
Following my bliss.
I am complete...
  •  

shanetastic

aren't they normally $2500 for the trach shave plus all the other fees like operating and anesthesiology? I'm not sure about the other fees but I thought that was what they normally run for without the other fees.
trying to live life one day at a time
  •  

pretty pauline

I always use to think mine was a little prominent, and yet other people would never notice, they would always say it was all in my head, but I just think they where being kind, it definitely cost less if you have it with your surgery, I had my trach shave when I had my surgery, as Sandy says it was a bit like a sore throat, I had a bit of numbness around the area and used a little powder makeup to hide the small scar.
When I had it done everybody notice, wearing neck jewellery I looked more feminine.
If your going thru hell, just keep going.
  •  

mickiejr1815

i really think Audrey has nothing to worry about, personally, i have an adam's apple that i think should definitely give me away but when i don't have anyone screwing it up at work, all most people see is my bangs, and my pink hair tie...lol, plus i wear a men's shirt (pockets), and especially on Sunday, all i hear is ma'am, miss, her, she...etc. i really don't think yu have anything to worry about hun. tbh, i'm not gonna waste the money on mine from my experience, but it's up to you. if that's your pic, if people think you are a guy then they are just plain dumb. guys just dont look that damn pretty. not in my book.

best wishes,
Mickie
  •