Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What do your breasts mean to you? Seriously.

Started by Nero, March 16, 2008, 02:22:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nero

Come on ladies. I mean I know they're pretty and all, but what's the point of them really?
I mean I like to look at them (even at my own) and they're gorgeous and all.
But is there really any point to them (other than the obvious breast feeding aspect)?
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

KarenLyn

When I hit puberty, I kept expecting my breasts to grow. That's what girls do, right? Now that I have them, I feel much better. Beyond that, they really don't serve much purpose except to give guys something to talk to.
I'd probably like them more if I hadn't had mastalgia twice. OW!

Karen Lyn
  •  

Cindi Jones

I can't sleep on my stomach any more.  I can't run.  They are a part of me and I have no particular attraction to them.

But I can't imagine my life without them. 

That's pretty weird isn't it?

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

Sarah

if you don't like your breasts, you don't like your breasts.
I like mine.
They just feel...normal.
Like I'd be missing them if they weren't there.
they remind me of my motherly instinct.
And yes.
There's no reason that you may like, they just feel there like they belong.
They feel normal.
Does that make sense?
I felt weird when they weren't there except when I was a kid.
then it was ok, but I always wanted them.
they feel like me.
in a really weird way.

Sara
  •  

annajasmine

What they mean to mean me? Well they make me feel not so disgusted with my body. Use them as way to keep up with my progress. Or at least give me a feeling I am heading in the direction I want be going. Even though they small right now I guess they make me feel much more complete.

Anna
  •  

Lisbeth

They are a statement to the world that I am female.
"Anyone who attempts to play the 'real transsexual' card should be summarily dismissed, as they are merely engaging in name calling rather than serious debate."
--Julia Serano

http://juliaserano.blogspot.com/2011/09/transsexual-versus-transgender.html
  •  

Osiris

To answer the question of what's the point of them: It's all about human evolution. As humans walk upright our sexual development changed from that of other mammals. The signal of female sexual maturity was switched from genital display to breast display. Only a small portion of the human breast is used for producing milk.

To answer what they mean to me: I tend to be a personable guy and lean towards a speaker during a conversation. I found in certain situations that when I lean forward, especially onto a counter or desk, I tend to get what I want faster. It took me awhile to figure out that my breasts were behind this(can be dense). Which also means that I'm perceived in a way that I don't intend to be.
अगणित रूप अनुप अपारा | निर्गुण सांगुन स्वरप तुम्हारा || नहिं कछु भेद वेद अस भासत | भक्तन से नहिं अन्तर रखत
  •  

annajasmine

Quote from: KarenLyn on March 16, 2008, 02:42:26 PM
they really don't serve much purpose except to give guys something to talk to.
Karen Lyn

Agree with the comment quoted above also to attract men of course, that if I ever want to have a boyfriend or if one will ever have me I need them.
This might sound stupid while ago(3or4 months ago) I got out of the shower started drying off  and I felt of them through the towel. I felt growth and started happy crying for about hour. I don't know why they are so important to me they just are.
Nero didn't do this topic couple months ago?

Anna
  •  

Wing Walker

Quote from: Lisbeth on March 16, 2008, 06:36:10 PM
They are a statement to the world that I am female.

Same here.  I am grateful that my breasts are there because I started HRT when I was 51.

Wing Walker
  •  

Berliegh

Re: What do your breasts mean to you? Seriously.

That means a lot and a gender indicator to female. It's juat a shame mine won't grow....despite many years on HRT.....

and because of that I will have to have a boob job in order to get some which I'm not really happy about..
  •  

Nero

Quote from: annajasmine on March 16, 2008, 06:53:40 PM
Nero didn't do this topic couple months ago?

Anna

I may have. Just been preoccupied lately since I'm going to have mine chopped sooner or later.
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

NicholeW.

My breasts are simply a visible sign of who I am, in a generally accepted fashion among pretty much everyone I come across.

I agree with Karen Lyn that they also provide interlocutors for many men with whom I interact.  :laugh:

The rest is perfectly private.

Nichole

•  

lady amarant

Uhmmmmm... They're just supposed to be there, I guess. Not having them there was just intensely wrong, and now that they ARE starting to be there, it's just ... better?

I don't know, It's not like having them there is in any way special really, but having them NOT there was intensely unspecial.
  •  

Berliegh

•  

Seshatneferw

Like some others have said, they feel right. I don't particularly care how people see me, so I have no use for them as a statement. It's just that something in me expects them to be there, and I much prefer the small ones I have over the larger phantom ones I used to feel.

Nfr
Whoopee! Man, that may have been a small one for Neil, but it's a long one for me.
-- Pete Conrad, Apollo XII
  •  

roni

They means everything to me. I can't imagine life without them. Mine hurts sometimes too, but it's worth the pain to have them. I think it's the first part of me that guys notice. I wear a 38B and still have difficulty finding a good bra. What's been your favorite bra??

roni
  •  

Nero

Quote from: roni on March 17, 2008, 07:12:40 AM
What's been your favorite bra??

roni

Hmm... there've been a few I really liked. For the longest time, I just wore sport bras because they flatten the shape (I'm ftm). But then there was a period where I felt like having something pretty under my clothes, not to mention I really liked the look of my cleavage. My favorites were Victoria's Secret - a brown one with pale blue embroidered design, a red satin one, and a powder blue lace one - all making the most of my killer cleavage.
Yeah, I'm a man, but I figured if I got em, I might as well enjoy them. :icon_drdodgy:
  •  

roni

Victoria Secret? Hum. I love red. Like you, the feel of softness and beauty against my skin is very important to me. I like a red and black bra I bought recently at Dillards. I feel so pretty in it and can imagine the guys wanting to see me underneath. The cleavage is a killer too.
I bought some camsoles last saturday at Kohls. I just love them...feels like a second skin. I'm still a male too...but I prefer the female me!!
Do you have any bras/panties from Dillards/Kohls? What's your favorite place to buy camsoles??

roni
  •  

Nero

Hi Roni. No, I'm ftm, hon. I was born female but I'm male. But since i had tits, I just enjoyed them anyhow.
Kohl's is nice but I never really shopped much. I just ordered bras out of the Victoria's Secret catalogue I had lying round the house anyway. Because of her:
and her:
  •  

roni

Hi! I think for me the going out and shopping tends to validate my feminine side and it's fun. Shopping to put together a total look makes me feel more female. I have ordered items, but they are difficult to return. Victoria Secret has nice stuff...perhaps a bit pricy. I find a size 12-14 fits me.

roni
  •