News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Enough Caution used before Transitioning

Started by TheBattler, May 17, 2006, 10:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBattler

Quote from: Melissa on May 18, 2006, 08:48:42 PM

I have recently posted some of the things that have happened to me as well as feelings I've had during transition.  These were not pleasant things and I hope they offset the "peaches and cream" feelings some may have regarding transitioning.  You are basically restarting over on your whole life.  You will end up a completely different person both mentally and physically.

I have always thought transistioning would be extremly difficault and a big rollacoaster. You will see I am trying to ensure any little steps I do take are not toward the conclusion I am a TS. Hmm lets not go back to CD vs TS. Maybe I should just let go of the control I am seeking and see where I end up - hopefully on the right track.

Alice
  •  

Chaunte

I think many of us do come with this wonderful sence of euphoria.  I certainly did.  THe greetngs were warm, wonderful and filled with optimism.  It made me feel safe and secure - enough to where I could ask some really ignorant questions.  (Ignorance is okay.  Its simply a lack of information - which is easily corected by asking questions and listening to the answers.)  THe replies were patient & kind - the senders waiting for the rosy glow to fade.

If we pay even the slightest bit of attention to what is being said, we quickly see that this is not a game - its for keeps.  The euphoria fades and we try to gleen every nugget of information we can get from our more experienced brothers and sisters.

Suddenly our questions start to change.  There is more thought behind them.  THe light-headed bubbliness has faded and we are asking the hard questions.  Its clear that I am beginning to understand the real enormity of what I am considering.  The replies and PM's start to change as well.  THey go from being "light & bubbly" to talking about cold, hard reality.  I've been accepted at a newer & deeper level.  Relationships here at Susan's change and, for me, all for the better.

The people here at Susan's will be the first to advise caution and point out pitfalls.  This is why my time here at Susan's is just as valuable as time spent with my therapist.

Chaunte
  •  

Melissa

The tone of my posts tend to reflect my mood.  Lately, I hadn't been feeling very "light and bubbly", but I'm feeling better now.

Melissa
  •  

Kimberly

*shrug* I came into this with my eyes wide open. I read as much as I could long before I came to this forum. The stories I read have a large LARGE dose of heartache. I did not need anyone to tell me I may not survive this process, nor that I may find myself with NO ONE and totally disowned. *shrug* there is a large quantity of information 'out there', I tend to presume people are looking at everything they can.
  •  

TheBattler

Thanks all - it make me fell better - I will not worry so much if I wish to take another small step like shaving my arms. Transistioning is always hard and since I still consider myself a CD I know there will be lots of warnings if I change the perception of myself.

Alice
  •