Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

This affects everyone

Started by Leigh, June 12, 2005, 10:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh

Make no mistake, everyone here is included in their campaign of hate.

If you go to the link at the bottom is a tab marked video.  When it loads there is a very brief commercial then the news announcer and movies of the protest.

Pay attention to the 911 signs.  This says more than anything about the mentality of these bigots.

http://www.kxtv.com/storyfull1.asp?id=11407

Heated Words Mark Gay Protest At Tracy High Graduation

Approximately 15 members of the strongly anti-gay Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, Kansas, held a protest outside graduation ceremonies at Tracy High School Saturday

•  

Dennis

Those people are such complete loons that they help us by showing how ridiculous the 'opposition' is.

Dennis
  •  

Susan

Quote from: Dennis on June 13, 2005, 09:28:43 AM
Those people are such complete loons that they help us by showing how ridiculous the 'opposition' is.

Don't underestimate them. They get their message out on the airwaves for free where ever they go. They are thus able to attract like minded individuals and their like minded individuals are the types of people who think they would be serving god by bombing an gay bar, or shooting a gay rights activist. Not all of them are that radical but those who are will be attracted to the hate they radiate.
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •  

mishell

Susan Is right!!!!!
This type of group with it's actions and words are direct desendents of hilter's brown shrits. They used the same tactics and took over a nation and brough about mass murder.  They are danagerous.  I hope the FBI has pick up on them. They should be treated as terrorist.  I know that if this was outside the country they would attract all kinds of attention none of it nice. I am sorry if I sound paranoid to much time in the intell game.

•  

Valerie

Quote from the article:
QuoteEarlier this year, Daley alleged West High math teacher Richard Thompson told a freshman student that homosexuality isn't natural and that hanging out with gays is just as sinful as being gay.

This amazes me. When I was a freshman in high school, my health teacher railed against homosexuality. The image that keeps replaying in my mind is of him saying, "Homosexuality is WRONG!" in a very loud, angry tone, with eyes like daggers.  And that was to the whole class, not just me.  There was one girl I had befriended and everyone made fun of her, calling her a dyke, and I remember being scared for her when the teacher lashed out like that. 

There weren't any pro-gay groups there, and apparently it was too early on for me to have made any teacher friends. So I took matters into my own hands...sort of.  Back then I was even more bashful than I am now, so I wrote this guy an anonymous letter, a t least a couple pages long, to put him in his place. 

I was feeling mighty proud of myself and kept a copy of my letter, which my mother found.  She called and talked to the teacher, told him it was me, and then she found me and gave me the third degree.  Next day I got called out of class, and this teacher leads me into an empty classroom, and pulls out his Bible and starts telling me how wrong I am, etc, etc...

This was maybe, hmm, '89 or '90... Wish I'd have known back them how better to get things done..since it was all private he never did get in trouble. Who knows what further damage he caused...
  •  

Shelley

So much hate exists underthe guise of christianity. They don't even follow their own tenents.

Shelley
  •  

joanna

I'm glad this subject came up again.  There didn't seem to be as much response to it in June as there should have been, and I missed the first post.  But I'm just as upset about it now as I would have been back then.

I live about 45 minutes from "that church" and I have actually driven past it several years ago.  They travel all around the country, usually in groups of 10 to 20 with the express intent of spreading hatred and dissent against the gay community.  But as Leigh stated we are included also.  And yes, as Susan pointed out, they sadly do get a lot of free publicity.  I hear about their antics in the local news quite frequently.  They should indeed be feared. 

Ironically, I moved here from Sacramento Ca. about 10 years ago and I immediately noticed the change in the mood of people here about gays.  In California, gays are generally accepted and being transgendered is not a crime.  I definitely don't feel comfortable living here and from the talk I hear at work from time to time I know that people like us would be better off if we were banished to some other planet.  The hatred that this group continually spews forth can cause others who might not otherwise even care about gays one way or another jump on the hate bandwagon.

I don't understand how they can be part of the Baptist Congregation.  They are a hate group pure and simple, and they are committing hate crimes pure and simple.   They operate under the guise of free speech, but when their "free speech" endangers the well being and free existance of others, it becomes a criminal act that should be punished.

Oh, I hope my blood pressure goes back down to normal soon.

love,

joanna

•  

Valerie

Quote from: joanna on October 19, 2005, 06:01:58 PMI definitely don't feel comfortable living here and from the talk I hear at work from time to time I know that people like us would be better off if we were banished to some other planet.

Sorry you're having a hard time where you're at, Joanna.  I'm interested to know what type of anti-discrimination policy your place of employment has.  Are the comments you hear at work anti-gay, anti-transgender, or both?  At my job we are very strongly cautioned about saying or implying anything that even has the remotest possibility of offending or hurting anyone.  I would talk to your HR director and get clarification of your policies.  The workplace is supposed to be a place where all employees feel secure...
  •  

Leigh

Christian Morality?

PORTLAND — The longtime head of the Christian Coalition of Oregon said today that he is "withdrawing from public life," a day after news reports detailed accusations of sexual abuse against him by three female relatives.
"I am thankful for a family that loves and supports me, and intend to withdraw from public life until this is resolved," Lou Beres wrote in a statement posted on the organization's web site, at www.coalition.org.
Beres has denied any criminal misconduct and wrote that he will "pursue the Biblical response and do all within my power to reconcile with that person."
Multnomah County District Attorney Michael Schrunk told The Oregonian newspaper that officials are investigating the complaints against Beres.
  •  

Valerie

Quote"pursue the Biblical response and do all within my power to reconcile with that person."

See now, this is what gets to me...reconciling with one's accusers, whether the claims end up true or false, is OK...but showing brotherly love and concern for people you disagree with (like homosexuals!) is out of the question for many Chrsitians...   Amazing...

•