Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Does HRT change your nose over time?

Started by Princess_Jasmine, May 14, 2008, 10:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Princess_Jasmine

Hey all! Okay so I am having some self esteem issues about my nose and as I am pre-hrt, I am curious if estrogen will affect the nose at all? I know the face after about two months from what I hear starts to look more feminine, but does that at all relate to the nose? Does it become thinner because the bone gets smaller or is it because the skin gets thinner? I would especially appreciate any info from someone who is going thru hrt :)

And on that note, when they say the face becomes more feminine, what EXACTLY happens to create that more softer face? I am trying to learn as much as I can!
  •  

Nero

Hi Jasmine.

The bone of the nose wouldn't change, but the skin becomes thinner (or so I hear). The difference in the face is mostly fat redistribution. Women have fuller cheeks, thinner chins, etc.
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

Ms.Behavin

Like Nero said the bone sructure will not change, but soft tissue can change, fat is shifted here and there,  My eye lid shape changed a bit.  cheeks I've got cheeks.   No one thing was all that much, but gee after 18 months on hrt, I look really different from that Guy I use to know.

As a photo is worth a 1000 words I submit the following:

The girl photo was about 10 months hrt (about aug 2007), the guy photo was taken nov 2006, 2 weeks before I started hrt,  My avatar is pretty current after 15 months.  So it shows what is possible with hrt alone.   You can see that the nose has changed some.

As with everything else, everyone is different.

Good luck

Beni

•  

Keira

Well, the cheek thing is hard to judge because you are smilling in one photo and not in the other (which makes a huge diff).

But, in general, the nose is cartilage and the skin on top doesn't hold much fat so no, the nose doesn't change. Though, when things around it change, it may be perceived as different.

Its like when you change your eye makeup and it makes your nose look bigger or smaller).
  •  

deniz

HRT makes your face fuller.Espeacially in the cheeks.as a result your nose, next to a shiny couple of cheeks seems to be smaller.it happened to me.but the bone NEVER changes.
  •  

Ms.Behavin

Well I have had people that knew me before ask if I had a nose job, which I have not.  Like I said it's all small changes, more a tweek. Just for comparison.  Trust me my cheeks were not that full before.  Yes the bones do not change, but the tip of the nose is soft tissue and can or rather for some, shifts a bit.  YMMV

Beni 
  •  

gina

Quote from: Nero on May 14, 2008, 10:54:03 PM
Hi Jasmine.

The bone of the nose wouldn't change, but the skin becomes thinner (or so I hear). The difference in the face is mostly fat redistribution. Women have fuller cheeks, thinner chins, etc.

True, and thats what I expereinced so far 4+ years HRT. The nose a very small change, basically the puffiness around the nostrils is slimer, nothing else I hate to say.

gina
  •  

samanthawhalen

I don't think the nose looks different at all, like Keira said it *appears* differently because the expressions are so different in the two photos. 

Aeron
  •  

HairExpert

Hi Beni,

Did you stop balding/thinning in your scalp once you got on HRT, or is that a wig you wear now?  The change in your hair is amazing!
  •