Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Lesbians?

Started by Scratchy Wilson, June 08, 2008, 11:16:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scratchy Wilson

For the guys that like chicks, what do you think about dating lesbians? I've never really gone for lesbians just because I think the only reason they'd be into me is for the girl body. I don't know though, I'm dating this girl that identafies as a lesbian and is cool with the whole trans thing. She only uses male pronouns for me and introduces me as her boyfriend (tons of weird looks from her friends, haha).

So, what do you think about lesbians? Who do you normally date?
  •  

Nero

Goes against our whole 'trans' way of thinking but a lot of cisgenders just care about the genitals of who they're seeing. I'd have no problem dating a lesbian as long as she respected me as a man.
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

offthesidewalk

Quote from: Scratchy Wilson on June 08, 2008, 11:16:19 PMShe only uses male pronouns for me and introduces me as her boyfriend

awh... that's so sweet- i wish that someone would be like that with me. Haha
  •  

Nero

Okay amend that - I don't mind at all being with someone who's into pussy. But if she's looking for or expecting me to be 'the real mcCoy' ie a real woman, I have a problem.
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

JonasCarminis

yea, i would date a lebian if she was a lesbian because of the genitals that she prefers.  but theres no way that id be expected to act/dress/be like a girl.
  •  

offthesidewalk

Quote from: Nero on June 08, 2008, 11:55:50 PM
Okay amend that - I don't mind at all being with someone who's into pussy. But if she's looking for or expecting me to be 'the real mcCoy' ie a real woman, I have a problem.
true too. still- I'd feel good. especially at the real begining... that's now pre everything.

OMW- I'll leave now. I'm throwing the thread off topic. Lol.
(-^.^-)
  •  

Natasha

if a lesbian is attracted to someone who was raised as a woman and living as a woman when they met, and that person then began to take male hormones and start masculinizing, then that would not change the lesbian's core identity. this is a special case to have a partner to transition to the other sex while in a relationship to them.

the same goes for a straight woman meeting someone she believes to be a man only for them to correct their body to female. That woman would then have to wrestle with whether to stay in the relationship or not, or if that makes her a lesbian.

now, being attracted to someone right from the start knowing they are a ts, that is different. of course, there are 2 paths here. one is that the person is attracted to ts's. the other is that they fully accept the other person as the gender they believe they are and present. so if a lesbian ignores the ts part of the person who is living as a man and is seeking (or has had) surgical correction, then yes, this would be a heterosexual relationship. So the lesbian might really be a bisexual, or the lesbian is making an exception since the transman knew what it was like to be raised as a girl and is more likely than most other men to know how important it is to be tolerant.

as for the transguy, if he is attracted to the lesbian as a straight man, then he would still be a straight man. your orientation is determined by your perception of the relationship, not the other person's. if the lesbian wants to deny that this is a straight relationship, then the transman can still regard it as a straight relationship. if the lesbian has to loophole it in her mind to make it work, the transman is not obligated to play that game.

personally i'd question any "lesbian" that's attracted to a post-t, post-top surgery trans man.  to me that sounds more like bisexual, not lesbian.
  •  

Scratchy Wilson

Natasha, I really appreciate your insight. I am pre-op, but I do take T. I agree that if a "lesbian" is attracted to me then she isn't really a lesbian at all, however, the girl I'm dating doesn't want to not be a lesbian. I think it's a little weird for both of us.
  •  

NicholeW.

A lot of women are simply attracted to another person, guys & androgynes as well I imagine. The sex/gender of that person may not even be a consideration. Instead the quality of the person is what is important to us.

My 'orientation' is to my soul-mate. That, in my case, she's another woman makes us lesbian. Not some innately essential quality that does so. I don't have "lesbian" engraved in my soul. I do have "female" engraved there. :)

Were she male or trans (any variety) or IS, CD, TV, Androgyne or "other" I'd still be in-love with her and would spend my life with her.

IMO, love and who one finds a life to share their own with, are not matters of sexual orientation. They are matters of the heart, mind and soul.

Nichole

Nichole
  •  

jet3

I am pre everything. I have been with my fiance who has always identified as a "lesbian" for 2 years. she knows that i am trans and supports me 110% she tells me all the time that she isn't with me because i'm a female or because i'm a male, she loves me for who i am, and nothing will change that. She always tells me that it is important for me to be who i am, and she wants me to be happy, because i have had to live 22 years being stuck in this body and not being able to fully experience things that i should have.  In the beginning of our relationship sometimes it was a little difficult for her, because my way of thinking and how i act is very male, but now that doesn't even phase her.  So i think that if you date a lesbian and she understands what is going on with you and what you as well as her will have to go through and the changes that will occur, then it should be ok. I would just suggest taking things slow with them, to make sure they fully understand, and they get to know you as a person and as a male.
  •  

Dennis

For a lot of lesbians, identifying as lesbian is more than the gender of the partner they're with, it implies membership in a community.

As long as she thinks of you as the guy you are, I don't see a problem with it.

I've not really had many lesbians left in my life since my transition, so I don't know how I'd deal with it. I guess it would depend on how I felt about that particular person, regardless of how she identifies.

Dennis
  •  

J.T.

i don't understand the lesbian community.  as for dating one, i'm not gonna put myself into a box so i'm open to falling for anyone.  problem would be if she'd wanna be in the lesbian community.
  •  

Scratchy Wilson

Quote from: J.T. on June 09, 2008, 09:41:46 PM
i don't understand the lesbian community.  as for dating one, i'm not gonna put myself into a box so i'm open to falling for anyone.  problem would be if she'd wanna be in the lesbian community.

I don't understand it either. I don't really like the fact that sexuality has become an identity for a lot of people. I think being gay, straight, bi, what-have-you should just be a normal part of everyday life, not how you LIVE your life. But hey, that's just me.
  •  

Godot

I'm currently internet dating a lesbian. She doesn't have a problem with the trans thing but I think she'd probably be better off with a bio girl.
  •