Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What kind of swimsuit do you wear?

Started by Sarah, June 25, 2008, 09:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah

I wear a bikini most of the time unless I feel in the mood for a full bodysuit.
Then I have a nice sporty one or two (doesn't every girl have a closet full of swimwear?) that I wear on that occasion.
I have a few favorite bikini's one in particular that is my current fav.

So what do you guy's wear when you go to the beach or the pool or whatever, hotsprings what have you?

-Sara
  •  

fae_reborn

Right now I wear a triangle bikini top and shorts when I go swimming, which is really rare.  Being pre-op, I'm not too comfortable with wearing an actual bikini bottom, though I hope to one day.
  •  

tekla

You wear stuff to go swimming?  Wow.  I sure live in a different state.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

fae_reborn

Quote from: tekla on June 25, 2008, 10:24:50 PM
You wear stuff to go swimming?  Wow.  I sure live in a different state.

LMAO!  :laugh:
  •  

tekla

Hey, we have lots of 'clothing optional' beaches here.  And even if its not, its doesn't matter much.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

NicholeW.

Quote from: tekla on June 25, 2008, 10:54:29 PM
Hey, we have lots of 'clothing optional' beaches here.  And even if its not, its doesn't matter much.

Honey, if you are going ocean swimming out there (you noticed dintcha, Jen said 'swimming') then you'd better be wearing a wetsuit, insulated!! The absolute coldest swim I ever had was the minute or so at Asilomar in August. I was simply frozen and just knew I couldn't make it any longer!!

That Current down from Alaska is c-o-l-d!!

N~
  •  

fae_reborn

Quote from: Nichole on June 25, 2008, 11:53:32 PM
Quote from: tekla on June 25, 2008, 10:54:29 PM

Honey, if you are going ocean swimming out there (you noticed dintcha, Jen said 'swimming') then you'd better be wearing a wetsuit, insulated!! The absolute coldest swim I ever had was the minute or so at Asilomar in August. I was simply frozen and just knew I couldn't make it any longer!!

That Current down from Alaska is c-o-l-d!!

N~

;D

As I said I don't go swimming that often Nicole, but I'm still pretty self conscious about my body, hence I'm picky about the swimwear I have.

I went swimming in the ocean off Cape Cod one summer when I was little, I didn't last 10 minutes it was freezing!  Teeth chattering and everything, lol!  :laugh:
  •  

DonnaC

I wear a bikini most of the time, but on occasion I'll wear a body suit.  Just yeterday I got all of my bathing suits out and tired them on for the first time this year & unitl I lose about 5 lbs. I'll be wearing a body suit. :embarrassed:

Donna
  •  

louise000

I don't have one and...er....I can't swim  :o
  •  

barbie

I do wish to wear one-piece swimsuit, but I can't (you know why).

About 2 years ago, I once wore a bikini bra with athletic pants in a beach with my family.

Barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Aiden

Mmmm... well never been really comfortable in swim suits, but usually wear a regular womens swimsuit covered in mens spandex shirt, and shorts or swimtrunks.  Though I forget my swim cloths sometimes on trips and end up with just the spandex shirt and shorts over underwear (most trips I have them because most trips is to a convention in a hotel will pool and hottub and the spandex is good to wear under hot costume)
Every day we pass people, do we see them or the mask they wear?
If you live under a mask long enough, does it eventually break or wear down?  Does it become part you?  Maybe alone, they are truly themselves?  Or maybe they have forgotten or buried themselves so long, they forget they are not a mask?
  •  

Sarah Louise

I'm old, I wear a one piece.

Sarah L.
Nameless here for evermore!;  Merely this, and nothing more;
Tis the wind and nothing more!;  Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore!!"
  •  

cindybc

I love swimming, when I was still living in Midland I use to spend every day I could for the entire day on anyone of the beaches on the Georgian Bay part of Lake Huron. I just wear a one piece bathing suit. I haven't gone yet this summer here in Vancouver Too darn cool for my liking. Sure have been exploring the woods in the mountains though and the many parks wearing one piece bathing suit and skirt.

Cindy   
  •  

Nero

Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

icontact

Halter top and board shorts. -shrugs- I don't have much of a problem looking like a girl when swimming; something about too much water makes me seesaw back to the feeling cisgender side.
Hardly online anymore. You can reach me at http://cosyoucantbuyahouseinheaven.tumblr.com/ask
  •  

MeghanAndrews

Since I hate my body and lack of curves, I don't go swimming and don't know if I will. I have a hard time believing I'd actually ever feel comfortable wearing a bathing suit. I do miss the ocean and bodyboarding sometimes though.
  •  

cindybc

Hi Meghan hon, don't worry to much, it will take several months before you really begin seeing some changes, small changes at first. But once HRT takes over you will practically see changes happening almost daily when you look in the mirror. I have been on HRT for the past 8 years and I still find places where there is fat forming where there was none before and it's not regular fat, my weight remains the same. Also take into consideration the younger you are the faster the changes will take place.

Cindy 

•  

Yochanan

When I go to SaMo and Venice, a lot of the time I'll end up in the ocean in whatever clothes I came in that day. I've ruined a pair of boots and lost lots of jewelry this way. Now I don't wear any jewelry to go to the beach.

If I'm going with the intention of swimming, I'll wear, usually, a girl's bikini bottom under trunks/shorts and a sports bra or (if I don't have anything else) a bikini top. I'd be more likely to wear a shirt in the ocean as well, but in a pool I wear as little as possible.

Next time I go to the beach I'll probably bind (haven't been since I got my binders--damn, it's been a long time) and wear trunks.
  •  

Janet_Girl

At the present time I do not own a suit, but I would perfer a one piece with a skirt.

Now if the Goddess will bless me with a girlish figure and a C-cup, then definitely a bikini.  ;D

•