Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

So my college is doing a Hollywood Ball this week.

Started by Autumn, April 26, 2010, 03:10:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autumn

In the past it's been elaborate fantastical costumes, Masquerade, Avalon, other such things.

It's Hollywood this week. A lot of the girls I have class with are saying they're just going to wear their prom dresses. Of course, prom was like, last year for half of them. I never went to prom, being home schooled. And dresses still look weird on me, after having tried on several the past week.

I think I'm going to go as Ellen. I just need to get a narrow tie, which is surprisingly challenging. I'm not planning to massacre my hair for it, though.
  •  

barbie

As English is my 2nd language, I am just wondering what 'a narrow tie' means.

Oh. I am now in Japan for 5 days. Japan is a nice country. Streets are so much clean, and people are so much kind and humble. My only complaint is that foods in restaurants are too much expensive!! It is absurd.

And, in the street, most girls seem to wear prom dresses (funky style). I do not like so much their fashion sense. A lot of girls ride bike while wearing high heels and miniskirt.

Barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Janet_Girl

The only place I think where you might find a narrow tie is at a Thrift store.  And as for the hair just slick it back.
  •  

Autumn

And show my forehead?

I don't want to come off as a FTM here.

Though, hopefully not nearly that long.
  •  

tekla

Narrow ties, guess you don't know anyone who survived the New Wave movement, though I think I've ditched them things years ago.  Try Hot Topic, that seem like just the item that they might sell.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Autumn

They have a solid red Billy Joe Armstrong circa American Idiot tie, and a red/white checkered one. Macy's and Express had some for $40. Not paying that.
  •  

Kay

Why don't you try Amazon.com?  "Skinny black tie" brings up a few hits anywhere between 1 to 3" thick depending on how thin you're looking for.
  •