Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

girls: would u have been a good wife in the 1930s?

Started by Christo, July 30, 2008, 03:28:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrissty

[]You Would Make a Great 1930's Wife 

You've got a few retro ways, and you would make the ideal 1930's wife.
At least, that's how it looks on paper. You may just be an easygoing, pleasant person.
With a personality like yours, you'd be a great wife in any era! 

•  

Stealthgrrl

You Would Make an Okay 1930's Wife 

You have some of the attributes of an ideal 1930's wife... but you probably didn't intend it to be that way.
You don't buy into retro gender roles, though you do embrace your femininity at times.
A 1930's man may find you passable, but you probably wouldn't want anything to do with him. 

yes dear (click) yes dear (click) yes dear (click) yes dear (click)...
  •  

Chaunte

You Would Make a Horrible 1930's Wife 

You are way too non conformist, independent, and sassy to be an ideal retro wife.
You may be so wild that you aren't even considering marriage!
Good thing we don't live in the 1930s anymore! 

•  

NicholeW.

You have some of the attributes of an ideal 1930's wife... but you probably didn't intend it to be that way.
You don't buy into retro gender roles, though you do embrace your femininity at times.
A 1930's man may find you passable, but you probably wouldn't want anything to do with him.

Would You Have Been a Good Wife in the 1930s?

Only if I was married to Scott Fitzgerald or Harry Crosby or, possibly, Henry Miller!!

Probably a much better 1930s wife if I were married to Gertrude Stein!!  :laugh:
  •  

sd

QuoteYou Would Make an Okay 1930's Wife

So how does red nail polish make you better or worse as a wife?  :D
  •  

Chrissty

So how does red nail polish make you better or worse as a wife?  :D

I think it makes it harder to see the blood when you've worn your fingers down
to the bone scrubbing the 1930's floor....... :o

Hi SD....only joking!

:icon_hug:

Chrissty
  •  

Stealthgrrl

•  

tinkerbell

Quote from: Stealthgrrl on July 30, 2008, 05:15:36 AM
yes dear (click) yes dear (click) yes dear (click) yes dear (click)...

LOL  ;D  No kidding!  While I agree that at times I would feel overwhelmed by the attention, I would hate the idea of being treated like a piece of furniture!  :P

http://www.blogthings.com/wouldyouhavebeenagoodwifeinthe1930squiz/

tink :icon_chick:

•  

Janet_Girl

You Would Make a Great 1930's Wife
You've got a few retro ways, and you would make the ideal 1930's wife.
At least, that's how it looks on paper. You may just be an easygoing, pleasant person.
With a personality like yours, you'd be a great wife in any era!
  •  

MaryT

"You have some of the attributes of an ideal 1930's wife... but you probably didn't intend it to be that way.
A 1930's man may find you passable, but you probably wouldn't want anything to do with him."

When I feel lonely, I do sometimes fantasize about being an old-fashioned housewife but I tend to think 1950s.

•  

natalie.ashlyne

You have some of the attributes of an ideal 1930's wife... but you probably didn't intend it to be that way.<br>
You don't buy into retro gender roles, though you do embrace your femininity at times.<br>

Blogthings: 100's of Fun, Free Quizzes!

•  

Lady Sarah

I dated a few that thought things should be the way they were in the 1930s to the 1950s. Problem was that I valued my freedom too much to stay locked up inside a house waiting for him to come home just so I could cater to his every whim.
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016
  •