Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Driver's License Sex Change in WA State

Started by J.T., August 07, 2008, 07:08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.T.

Basically this is what you need to have.

1.  Letter from MD, signed, stating that you have gone through or are going through a gender change.
2.  Letter from you explaining your request.  You can keep it short and sweet.
3.  Copy of your Driver's License

Send all those in to:

Department of Licensing
ATTN: Assistant Director's Office
PO Box 9020 Olympia, WA  98507-9020  

Make sure you include your phone number and address.

I was called about 3/4 days after i sent it in, told that it would take aprox 10 days to receive their approval.  Once received I go to any DOL office with $10 and current license.
  •  

Janet_Girl

That is way cool, JT.

Oregon is just as easy.  Letter from your therapist ( must be state approved ), proof of address, old license, and $20.
  •  

sarahb

In California it gets even simpler. There's just one form that you jot down your info, doctor writes a brief explanation and signs, and you give that to the DMV along with your current license and like $20 or something. They give you a temp license right there, the actual license comes 7-14 days later. Simple as that.
  •  

tekla

California has much more important things to worry about, like the budget.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

mickie88

Quote from: tekla on August 07, 2008, 08:22:08 PM
California has much more important things to worry about, like the budget.

must be sooo nice for everybody elses state to do this, Ohio sux!!! >:( i'm sorry but even if you have surgery you'll be lucky to change your marker without a good lawyer. i need to move.

Warrior Princess Mickie
  •  

tekla

There was a book a few years ago called What's the Matter With Kansas and I guess I could write a companion book called What's Your Problem Ohio.

I understand the hold the religious reich has such a hold on places way down South in Dixie, but what's up with Ohio?  You would think that with four cities on the top ten list of America's Fastest Dying Cities, according to Forbes (Youngstown, Dayton, Canton and Cleveland) the most of any state, they would be trying to attract more people, but I think the state government is mired in corruption and cronyism and is no longer up to the task of say, governing.

You need to elect new people.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •