Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Heat = Extreme Itching

Started by Mina_Frostfall, November 28, 2008, 09:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mina_Frostfall

Whenever I get hot, even just warm I get horrible horrible itching. A while back I had a doctors appointment and I asked about it. But they didn't really seem no know what it was. They just gave me a anti-histamine and that was it. It's been quite some time, and the anti-histamine seems to help a little, but the itchiness is still painfully intense plus the anti-histimine makes me too sleepy to do anything. Does anyone have any idea what is wrong with me? Is there something I can do to help make it stop? Please, any help is appreciated!
  •  

Janet_Girl

I have the same problem, but I use a store brand version of Benadryl.  I get it at our local Dollar Tree for $1 for 36 Tabs.
  •  

Nicky

Is this what you mean?
http://www.visualdxhealth.com/adult/miliariaRubra.htm (that is prickly heat)

Also check out miliaria crystalline.

There is quite a lot on the net about these two. Lots of remedies to try. The main one seem to be prevention - loose clothing and keep cool.
  •  

Mina_Frostfall

Thanks, I think It could be heat rash. I'm not sure yet though.
  •  

VeryGnawty

Is the itching on top of the skin or under the skin?

You could be allergic to something you are eating.  Such allergies can cause itching sensations anywhere.  Also try to avoid most laundry detergents when washing, as it only compounds the problem.

If you don't have a history of irritation or oversensitivity, my first guess is food allergy.
"The cake is a lie."
  •