Main Menu

Jokes That Write Themselves

Started by Natasha, December 14, 2008, 11:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Natasha

Jokes That Write Themselves

http://endablog.wordpress.com/2008/12/14/jokes-that-write-themselves/
12/14/2008

H/T to Kathy for pointing this out to me. Its a comment to a post over at BlogActive about Ol' Doc Phil  believing that Fraud on the Family can be legit experts on trans kids.

"Seriously, as a gay man, I think transgenders are all ****ing freaks of nature and need to accept their gender. I don't care what any of you think.  I also think men who have sex with dudes dressed like women are ****ing freaks too. Get a real woman if you want one. These guys are just terrified to admit they're are gay so they **** dudes who (if they are good) look like *****es so no one will know or so they will feel like they're still men.  Sick bunch all of you. Worked for awhile at Macy's in Cincinnati with a tall, linebacker ****er named Beth. Stupid ****er dresses as a woman and is a totally absolute mess. These freaks make me sick.

EDIT: obscured profanity (further) =K
  •  

Terra

...Wow, so many things are wrong with this guy I don't know where to start. The level of his grammar, the words he used to describe people, or even how he thinks of women. I am utterly shocked.
"If you quit before you try, you don't deserve to dream." -grandmother
  •  

sarahb

It always confuses me how someone who should know all about the injustice of bigotry and hate can be so hateful themselves towards those that are different from them. Seriously, a lot of people just live in their own little bubbles where everything inside that bubble is normal, and everything outside of it is a "freak," no matter what their bubble encompasses. We need to just pop all the bubbles and get everyone to come back down to earth.
  •  

je

•  

Goldy

When I left school and got a job and started to live as an adult in the early 1980s in Sydney one of the things I felt awkward about was the Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras.

Before any of you say anything, I've got absolutely nothing against a gay/lesbian pride parade or gays and lesbians themselves. And I love the fact that they (the nice ones) have embraced us in the LGBIT community.

However back in the early 1980s in Sydney the only exposure most people had to anyone crossdressing was the (overdone) drag queens in the Mardi Gras. I felt they were taking and warping our spotlight.

In fact a 'widely acknowledged gay friendly (?)' radio DJ at the time said, "there's nothing wrong with dressing up in women's clothes as long as you don't take it too seriously".

Ummm all of this didn't exactly make me feel enfranchised. In fact it made me feel like a freak show. And I was probably, back then very wary of gays/lesbians because I felt they could only see me as someone who wanted to dress up like a "freak show" all year, not just be a drag queen at Mardi Gras and the Sleaze Ball once or twice a year.

I think it is a massive problem when one part of the LGBIT community disses and dismisses another part of it.

For the record I'm an effeminite (wannabe) androgynous male who absolutely loves women and everything about women and could never imagine being with a male (not that there's anything wrong with same sex couples if you're that way inclined).

So I'd like to know where the ... abusive nutbag thinks my homosexuality is.
I wanna be both, why can't I be both!
  •  

Lisbeth

I can imagine his opinion of bisexuality, too. Terrified to admit I'm gay, hunh, me with my same-gender transsexual partner? All I can say to his statement, "These freaks make me sick," is, "Really? Sick, hunh. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy."
"Anyone who attempts to play the 'real transsexual' card should be summarily dismissed, as they are merely engaging in name calling rather than serious debate."
--Julia Serano

http://juliaserano.blogspot.com/2011/09/transsexual-versus-transgender.html
  •  

soldierjane

•  

tekla

Yeah, first, gay men don't write like that, way too many '>-bleeped-<ers' in there.  Lack of a vocabulary deal big time.  Second, gay men don't watch Dr. Phil. 
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Lisbeth

Quote from: tekla on December 15, 2008, 10:20:44 AM
Yeah, first, gay men don't write like that, way too many '>-bleeped-<ers' in there.  Lack of a vocabulary deal big time.  Second, gay men don't watch Dr. Phil.

So you're saying he's a straight male playing Divide And Conquer?
"Anyone who attempts to play the 'real transsexual' card should be summarily dismissed, as they are merely engaging in name calling rather than serious debate."
--Julia Serano

•  

Terra

Quote from: tekla on December 15, 2008, 10:20:44 AM

Dunno about that Tekla. When I lived in chicago before going full time I had a 40yr old, overweight, alcoholic, raciest, gay white man who consistently hit on me and made sexual advances. He would say things like it was so nice to have another white person in the apartment complex (the apartments had some deal with reffugess from africa, noone ever told me the whole story) and that we should just get rid of all the...well fill in with your favorite explitive.

Take that with my former roommate, the transwoman I lived with briefly in DC, and even some of my run ins at the chicago youth center and an interesting pattern emerges. People can be jerks no matter what the orientation or experience. Indeed it sometimes comes that the LGBT can be harsher unto itself then the the people who are straight and ignorant. I still remember the lesbian who thought so little of me that she would ridicule me every time she saw me ont he streets of Chicago, publicly and loudly.

*shrugs* Anyways, he is a jerk, and only jerks would take him seriously. Such is the same for people who use the Jerry Springer show  to get their facts.
"If you quit before you try, you don't deserve to dream." -grandmother
  •  

Suzy

Well I would call this guy a scumbag.  But I would have to apologize to bags filled with scum.

Kristi
  •  

tekla

Nah, it reeks of being 'composed' as opposed to written, and written as a rant at that.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Lisbeth

Quote from: tekla on December 16, 2008, 09:19:17 AM
Nah, it reeks of being 'composed' as opposed to written, and written as a rant at that.

Decomposed is more like it.
--Julia Serano

•  

Pneumonica

Firstly, scrolling down on that link I do have to give approval to the person who said, "never understood trannies but to each his own."  Firstly, the pronoun thing isn't so big a deal to me, although the person was admitting ignorance so it's not as though an ignorant aspect to his comment is unexpected.  But secondly, the admission, fundamentally, is that something that deviates from average in a way two which s/he is accustomed is not, by definition, wrong, despite being something to which s/he has no connection.

That kind of opinion is gold to me.  It means that a person will, at worst, avoid discussions without looking rather than react in a bigoted fashion.  Freedom of speech isn't freedom to be heard, after all, so overall I have to applaud this person.

Dick Boner.  *snerk*  The jerk's username is "Dick Boner".  Is it a wonder he's so hard on the rest of us?  *snicker*
  •