Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

First Annual Susan's Fest 2006

Started by Chynna, August 03, 2006, 04:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Chynna

Thread intended for use of planning the
First Annual  Susan's Fest 2006 Event
to be held in:
   Portland, OR

Please limit your posts to planning matters\advice\suggestions.

Thanks
  •  

Mario

Good move Chynna. I will say it then again here about the park. That sounds like the best idea to me. It will be inexpensive, but should be fun. I love frisbee, so I will brig one. Im sure there will be picnic tables for those to hang out who don't want to do anything physical. Softball would be cool if we have enough people, but then I realize we would have to bring equipment, and I am left handed, so I would need my own glove. Maybe just other people's interests if it is something small they can bring? Like cards? plastic horseshoes? I don't know. As far as a picnic goes, we could all pitch in and get stuff from maybe a grocery store with a deli? Just ideas.

Marco
  •  

Chynna

I was thinking that about the park. Ill find a local Wal mart and buy a cheap $30 grill myself so we can cookout oh yeah im domesticated!!! LOL.

FYI

Check to find out the city ordiance (if any) on the maximium occupancy of one specific group is before requiring a permit etc.

in the park you select..just in case some public official feels like doing his job that day or just wants to be smart we have ourselves covered.

Ps that was hard to write without cursing!LOL

Chynna
  •  

Mario

Even better yet. Alot of parks have grills there.
  •  

Melissa

That gives me a better idea on a park.

Melissa
  •  

Mario

Melissa has secured the park. And the restaraunt for Saturday. On the park for Suday, it is a big one with trails. Picnic tables for hanging out, so bring little stuff you like to do if you want. I am bringing my frisbee. I love frisbee. I guess we will have to start talking about what we want to cook there?

Marco
  •  

Melissa

I'm not a hundred percent sure cooking was allowed there - we may need to stop by the store - but it was the best park I could find.  It might be ok if we brought out own grill.  I have a portable one I could probably bring.

Melissa
  •  

jaded

i can bring my guitar :) if youd all like

Posted at: August 22, 2006, 02:37:55 PM

and veggie burgers
  •  

Melissa

Sounds good.  Just don't pack too heavily for the trip over here if you're going by plane.  It helps with getting past TSA.

Melissa
  •  

Mario

Jaded,
   Bring your guitar, but yes, we will have to get food on that day to cook. 

Melissa,
      How big is your grill?

Marco
  •  

Melissa

Small.  It's round - maybe a foot and a half in diameter.  We can cook the food in batches though.

Melissa
  •  

LynnER

Hey, wow, October 7th and 8th you say?  Thats enough warning that I could schedual the time off and finaly take a much needed vacation  :D   It'd be a long drive but Itd be cool to get out and see a diffrent part of the country rather than the desert all the time.  I know Im not west coast but *shrugs*  I think itd be fun.........  mind if a demented desert dweller crashes the fest LoL?
  •  

Melissa

Definitely come. :)  We decided that it's not only for people who live on the west coast (you could come from anywhere in the world as far as I'm concerned), it's just being held on the west coast.  Perhaps the west coast fest is now the wrong name for it as people nationally are coming.

Melissa
  •  

Mario

Lynn,
    Please do come. Just go and put in your vote. It would be good meeting you as well.

Melissa,
     We can drop "West Fest" and just call it "first Annual Susan's Fest, or every year here after just name it according to what part of the country we decide. What do you think?

Marco
  •  

LynnER

Coolness  :D  *Hugs*

where do I place my vote at??????
  •  

Mario

I changed the name of the event, due to the fact that we have people coming from all over the place. Every year from here out we will refer to it by number, and hold it in another state, based on who lives where and wants to organize. Well that's it.

Marco
  •  

amberwish

darn it!!  i live in portland and will be out of town.  hopefully i can get back early enough sunday to attend.  maybe that could be my first time out enfemme. wouldn't that be exciting.  im not sure about it now maybe later. if i do i will have to  buy a special outfit.  where about in portland is it being held.

thank you to all the wonderful people at susans ;)
  •  

Buffy

I vote we hold it in the Middle East........

Then I can attend.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Buffy

:icon_rolleyes:
  •