Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Am I Too Old For HRT?

Started by Suziech, January 18, 2009, 01:03:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NicholeW.

Fat distribution is not the same as fat migration and a lot of trans women seem to be under the impression that it is. HRT will not move a pot belly to hips and bottom or boobs.

Any new fat cells formed will go both there and to the old places as well. So if anyone's waiting on HRT to transfer belly-fat to her boobs I'd suggest they pack a huge lunch. LOL

Nichole

Post Merge: February 06, 2009, 01:08:20 PM

Quote from: Starbuck on February 06, 2009, 01:54:44 PM
but granted you will not get some of the bone changes possible for under 25s.

There are no bone changes under 25. In point of fact all hrt changes is mammary growth, some synaptic changes, possibly BSTc changes in neuronal volume and where fat is likely to gather on one's body. It is all soft tissue changes and by the time someone's about 10 their bone-structure is in place.

Many younger transitioners find in their mid-to-late forties that the "changes" they thought were being wrought by HRT as "bone-changes" were not and then they require plastic surgery with Dr. O or Dr. S to avoid facially "looking like a guy."

Nichole

•  

Rachael

er what?

The younger one transitions, the more likely hrt does change things... Your supositions are quite spectacular..... Many who transition under 20 see change to hip width... actual bone width.... bellow 25 human growth hormone levels are still high, and some change is possible. Granted, set bones will not, but the hip bone sets late.... as for not passing later. Sorry, thats just fail.... If one looks female, one looks female. Some young transwomen cant look like men if they try... you're telling me we will end up needing ffs even though we skipped the effects of testosterone that make one require it? what a laugh.

Hrt DOES do more than just breast growth, you are wrong, this is fact. just because it didnt happen to you, does not mean that is the law for everyone.
  •  

meow meow

Quote from: Starbuck on February 06, 2009, 03:12:25 PM
er what?

The younger one transitions, the more likely hrt does change things... Your supositions are quite spectacular..... Many who transition under 20 see change to hip width... actual bone width.... bellow 25 human growth hormone levels are still high, and some change is possible. Granted, set bones will not, but the hip bone sets late.... as for not passing later. Sorry, thats just fail.... If one looks female, one looks female. Some young transwomen cant look like men if they try... you're telling me we will end up needing ffs even though we skipped the effects of testosterone that make one require it? what a laugh.

Hrt DOES do more than just breast growth, you are wrong, this is fact. just because it didnt happen to you, does not mean that is the law for everyone.

is this in response to my post? Cuz if it is i think you may want to actually do some research
  •  

Rachael

Rahda's actually...

Why should i supposedly do research?  for a start, your post was 3 pages back, and only agrees with what i just said? if anything, your post was less accurate than mine...
  •  

NicholeW.

Rach, we've been through this before. I believe it was Beyond then who pointed out that the bone-differentials you're talking about do not occur. The x-ray technician, recall.

And if you look at the post I think you'll see that I indicated it does more than just breasts-growth. If your personal experience is that your hips have spread from something other than fatty tissue accumulating you'd be a distinct exception rather than the rule.

Increasing testosterone begins to enter male-bodies at about 10 y/o and peaks in the middle-to late teens with spurts after that until about the thirties. So, at 21 you've missed nothing. Trust me, the second you're capable of having and maintaining an erection during your early teens or late pre-teens you get testosterone effects. You've never "skipped" a thing.

If you wish I'll take the time sometime this weekend to do the medical research. In return I'd like to see some research backing your statements.

Thanks so much.

Nichole
  •  

Rachael

I am by far and wide not the exception alone....
As for your comments regarding ffs... i find that hilarious at best hon. Your statements are based around average figures, and average testosterone levels. Late puberties are common things. And i think you'll be suprised by what people have experienced....

and at 21 no, but then again i started hrt at 19... Yes, what has been done cannot generally be undone, but what has not may yet change direction.

As for research, why dont you actually put the books down, and ASK some young transitioners thier experience of hrt, instead of diving for woefully inaccurate books that have very little actual broad studdies of young transitioners experiences? most hrt research is conducted on mid 30-50s... NOT pre 20,23 or upto 30 even... If you can find good categorical proof of your claims within this age group, id be astounded.

id join you, but i have a life.... and this weekend is no exception
  •  

NicholeW.

http://www.endo-society.org/_MDDocReviewFiles/Transgender%20Guideline%20(1st%20Draft%2011.17.08).pdf  Bone Mass Density is not a change of bone, it's a change in the amount of the density of the bones and is a factor in later life fractures. You may get less bone accretion, but unless your parents started you on gonadotrophins when you were ten you're not going to have a much different ride than anyone else.

Your bones may stay lighter, but that is also a double-edged sword.

As for the facial changes, drop in at good FFS sites and see how many of the women there were younger transitioners who found themselves with bone-structure that revealed them more as males during mid-life.

http://php.ucsf.edu/PatientEd/MedicalCareofTransexualpts.pdf

Again, bone structure does not change.

There are things that are helpful about young transitions and they are recommended, but transitioning young is no guarantee of better development as the first article points out. Especially read the first 35 or so pages of article one.

Now that took all of fifteen minutes.

I know you're very vested in this and I dn't want to argue. That's not the point. If you wish to maintain your stance feel free. But we've been all through this before. Your ideas are what they are and I will not respond to personal attacks. So please, if you want to be adversarial, that fine. If you just want to dismiss me and twenty years of research, that's another situation entirely.

Check the authorship of article one. Gooren and Cohen-Kettenis work with people under 19, Rach. Cohen-Kettinis pretty much exclusively. Spack is the fellow in Boston who works almost exclusively with trans-children. Those kids are well under your 19 years.
  •  

Nero

Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •