Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

what do you see when you look at yourself in the mirror?

Started by Natasha, January 24, 2009, 10:31:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Natasha

what's your usual reaction when you take the first glance at your self image?
  •  

Shana A

Yes, I'm here for yet another day on the planet, still look like myself, oh there's another gray hair....

And what do you see, oh mystical person asking the question?  ;)

Z
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

•  

Nero

well seeing as i get a full body shot as i'm walking toward the mirror - my first reaction is always 'WOW that bitch's got great tits'. 
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

Yochanan

I tend to see a boy when I look in the mirror, then I look closer. Fat face, fat chest, tiny arms, big ass/hips. (I don't so much worry about the butt--King Tut had big hips, too!) But when I focus on my eyes alone, the boy comes back. *I* come back.
  •  

mina.magpie

•  

Janet_Girl

Anymore I see me, a woman.  Still some problem areas, but they will be solved in time.  Still have the shadow, but hopefully I will be able to restart laser/electro soon.  Otherwise, I now seeing the woman within.

Janet

•  

Kristen

At first, I see me. Then I focus on all the imperfections. Small boobs, broad shoulders. Too much hair here. Too little hair there. etc.

But, then I back up from the mirror and look at my whole self and I smile because behind all of the perceived ugliness, I see a happy and grateful person.
  •  

RebeccaFog

•  

Nero

Quote from: Rebis on January 24, 2009, 01:41:06 PM
Quote from: Katia on January 24, 2009, 10:31:33 AM

Pain.

aww Reebs. you're not still on that face thing are ya?
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

tinkerbell

I see a woman who is very content and extremely thankful for everything she has in her life.  In terms of physical appearance, I see a woman who is very happy with her natural beauty and finally at peace with herself except on those bad hair days when she wishes she were totally bald.   

*giggle*  ;D

tink :icon_chick:
  •  

Arch

Uh, with or without my shirt? It makes a big difference.

With the shirt, I'm often thinking, "Well, they don't show TOO much if I layer. And after I've been on T for a little while, my face will look better. I'm not that female in the mirror...I wish other people could see that."

Without the shirt...I used to avoid looking. I was freaked out about my top half. The last couple of weeks, though, I've been standing in front of the mirror and thinking, "Well, there they are, the hideous freakbags. I hate them. But my partner likes them. Can I get used to them to keep my partner happier? Or maybe just get a reduction and not lop them off entirely? Maybe if I look at the things for long enough, I'll start to like them."

I'm currently trying to explore genderqueer, but I really don't think that will turn into a reasonable option for me. I've always been Boy, even when I was desperately trying to fit in as a girl. Maybe I was just born in the wrong generation and have been too thoroughly tainted by the gender binary.
"The hammer is my penis." --Captain Hammer

"When all you have is a hammer . . ." --Anonymous carpenter
  •  

Shana A

Quote from: Tink on January 24, 2009, 03:44:57 PM
In terms of physical appearance, I see a woman who is very happy with her natural beauty and finally at peace with herself except on those bad hair days when she wishes she were totally bald.   

*giggle*  ;D

Z never wishes she was bald... but that's because it's happening  :(

Z

•  

tinkerbell

Quote from: Zythyra on January 24, 2009, 05:33:25 PM
Quote from: Tink on January 24, 2009, 03:44:57 PM
In terms of physical appearance, I see a woman who is very happy with her natural beauty and finally at peace with herself except on those bad hair days when she wishes she were totally bald.   

*giggle*  ;D

Z never wishes she was bald... but that's because it's happening  :(

Z

Awww..*hugs* I didn't intend to be insensitive towards others with my silly coimments!  :(

•  

RebeccaFog

Quote from: Nero on January 24, 2009, 01:58:59 PM
Quote from: Rebis on January 24, 2009, 01:41:06 PM
Quote from: Katia on January 24, 2009, 10:31:33 AM

Pain.

aww Reebs. you're not still on that face thing are ya?

Yep.  Not as bad as before, though.  I try to pretend it's someone else's ugly mug that I'm seeing.

Post Merge: January 24, 2009, 06:41:16 PM

Quote from: Arch on January 24, 2009, 04:09:58 PM
Maybe I was just born in the wrong generation and have been too thoroughly tainted by the gender binary.

Sounds like a title for a really heavy book.  Or an excuse a defending attorney might use for their client - "Your honor. My client was tainted by the gender binary. You must take this into consideration."
  •  

Shana A

Quote from: Tink on January 24, 2009, 06:31:09 PM
Awww..*hugs* I didn't intend to be insensitive towards others with my silly coimments!  :(

I think it's wonderful you're happy and at peace! Maybe I'll get there someday too. And I wouldn't mind being bald if I looked like Sinead O'Connor  ;D

Z

•  

RebeccaFog

Quote from: Zythyra on January 24, 2009, 06:41:34 PM
Quote from: Tink on January 24, 2009, 06:31:09 PM

I think it's wonderful you're happy and at peace! Maybe I'll get there someday too. And I wouldn't mind being bald if I looked like Sinead O'Connor  ;D

Z
I can live with Sinead O'Connor bald, or that woman on the 1st star trek movie.
  •  

Jeannette

My past, present and future in life, moving at a constant, enlightening and fulfilling pace......thanks for asking.
  •  

cindybc

Ah, the good old bathroom mirror trick huh? Well first I know I'm going to be in there for a while so I first turn up the tunes, I go into bathroom. Ever try to sing with a tooth brush in your mouth? Make faces at yourself? Stretch your ears out and wiggle them while sticking your tongue out? Do silly stuff with your hair? Or how about playing the air guitar and dancing around the bath room with spicky looking hair?

Get cleaned up, turn light off, turn tunes down, then go in the kitchen and smooch and huggles with Wing Walker.  ;D

And I like to see our Tink happy so I dedicate this silly post of the year to her.

Cindy
  •  

Wing Walker

Thank you for asking.

I am pleased with the 57 year old woman I see, especially because she is losing weight.

Wing Walker
Certified Reality Changer
  •