Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

States of Equality Scorecard at eQualityGiving

Started by Hazumu, December 18, 2008, 10:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hazumu

QuoteAre you a second class citizen in your own state? Review state by state comparisons of the score on equality and gay rights for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer Americans.

STATES OF EQUALITY SCORECARD

The score indicates the number of Equality Goals that have been reached in that state. Each "YES" gives 1 point.  Half a point is given for partial achievement of an Equality Goal. One of the seven Equality Goals (repealing "Don't Ask Don't Tell") can only be achieved at the federal level. Therefore, at the state level, the maximum score is 6. 
  •  

tekla

1.5 seems close to the average, at least you're not in Ohio, they get a .5, the lowest score.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

gennee

Quote from: tekla on December 19, 2008, 08:11:23 AM
1.5 seems close to the average, at least you're not in Ohio, they get a .5, the lowest score.

.5?? Ouch! That's pretty low.

Gennee
Be who you are.
Make a difference by being a difference.   :)

Blog: www.difecta.blogspot.com
  •  

Mr. Fox

Quote from: tekla on December 19, 2008, 08:11:23 AM

Yep, that's my state.  Behind Alabama, even.
Adrian
  •  

Red_Rachel

Missouri gets a 2.0, at which I'm suprised. I would think lower.
  •  

Gwen

Boy did I just make the right move.... From OH to CA.  :)

And having lived in Ohio most of my life I can attest to the sorry state it's in.
  •  

gennee

My state (New York) grades out at 3.5. Not too bad but could be better.

Gennee
Be who you are.
Make a difference by being a difference.   :)

Blog: www.difecta.blogspot.com
  •  

Jessie_Heart

I live in ohio I would say even the .5 is generous! I stick out here like a naked breast in sunday school!
  •  

mickie88

Quote from: Jessie_Heart on January 28, 2009, 07:33:50 PM
I live in ohio I would say even the .5 is generous! I stick out here like a naked breast in sunday school!

you're not alone, i'm told many people at work are deathly afraid of me, and the only "weapon" i carry is their approved box cutter.

and thats beyond generous, i give this state and its bigotted people a -52!!!

there are more of us in this state of Transphobia than they realize!!!!
  •  

Jessie_Heart

Quote from: The Only Warrior Princess Mickie on January 28, 2009, 09:13:38 PM
Quote from: Jessie_Heart on January 28, 2009, 07:33:50 PM

you're not alone, i'm told many people at work are deathly afraid of me, and the only "weapon" i carry is their approved box cutter.

and thats beyond generous, i give this state and its bigotted people a -52!!!

there are more of us in this state of Transphobia than they realize!!!!

I thought it was funny I lived in a different small town in ohio when I came out than I do now. when I came out to a female friend of mine she told her boyfriend that had known me for a few years about me he refused to believe it he said I was lying and i was just trying to pull off some scam on the goverment by saying I was TS. I have had several laughs at peoples reactions!
  •  

mickie88

i know how you feel, in more ways than one. here in my small town, they have been real nice, i've only gotten a few odd looks when my kids have hollered Daddy as loud as they possibly could. my wife still refuses to see how bad that can turn out for me, saying that if someone kills me for being myself its my fault.

at work, one of the asset protection ladies has a local cop for a husband, she asked him what gender i was, he told her i was in no doubt female and that was the end of that.  Most of the girls my age don't have a problem with me, in fact a lot of them treat me as if i've always been one of the girls, which is just fine with me.
  •