Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Transgender Americans handbook

Started by Leigh, August 15, 2006, 08:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh

Transgender Americans: A Handbook for Understanding
A publication of the Human Rights Campaign Foundation

Transgender Americans

We hope that readers of Transgender Americans: A Handbook for Understanding will find it a useful overview of the issues facing transgender Americans in our society. This handbook aims to help readers become familiar with the range of issues faced by transgender Americans, from the complex process of getting an appropriate birth certificate, to family and parenting issues, to discrimination and hate violence. These issues are not theoretical — they affect real people who are an integral part of our American community.

You can go to the HRC website  www.hrc.org and download this handbook in PDF format.  Be warned that with dial up this may take some time as this is a 52 page file.

Leigh
  •  

Chaunte

THanks, Leigh!

More info to pass on to my administration.  I am at least a year from transitioning and they already have cinder blocks in their pants!  Hopefully, this will quiet a few nerves.

Chaunte
  •  

Melissa

Chaunte, here's a couple online resources I gave to HR when I was coming out:

A guide from Gender Sanity (HTML)
HRC Guidebook - Issues in the workplace (1MB PDF)

I also had a paper copy of the HRC book that I just posted a link to and a book that Leigh gave me that I let the HR person borrow when she flew in.

Melissa
  •  

Jillieann Rose

Thanks Leigh and Melissa.
:)
Jillieann
  •  

LostInTime

Thank you.  I am giving a presentation on gender to a group in a couple of weeks and need all of the info I can get my hands on.  :)
  •  

Chaunte

Quote from: Melissa on August 15, 2006, 11:45:35 PM
Chaunte, here's a couple online resources I gave to HR when I was coming out:

A guide from Gender Sanity (HTML)
HRC Guidebook - Issues in the workplace (1MB PDF)

I also had a paper copy of the HRC book that I just posted a link to and a book that Leigh gave me that I let the HR person borrow when she flew in.

Melissa

THank you for the links!

THere were several documents I downloaded from HRC that I need to print and give to my Administration.  THe NY State Fair is just a few days away and the LGBT community always has an information booth.  I am going to stop and see what they have on hand as well.

Chaunte
  •