Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Australian MTF refused Birth Certificate Change

Started by Buffy, August 16, 2006, 07:35:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffy

Australian TS Birth Certificate

An Australian MTF Transsexual has failed in court to get her birth certificate changed from male to female

Buffy

[edit]Changed spelling - remale to female :) - Steph[/edit]
  •  

stephanie_craxford

I'm still debating where to pursue a gender change to my birth certificate.  I would need to apply for the change in the UK as that is where I was born.

Hmmmmm, I'll have to think on that one.

Steph
  •  

tinkerbell

QuoteSex changer remains male on birth forms

SEX CHANGER? labels, labels, and more labels; how very sad, coming from a newspaper which is supposed to inform and educate the public.. :P

QuoteAB sought to have her gender altered from "male" to "female"

Can you actually alter your gender?  ignorance, ignorance, ignorance...nowadays?, in our times?, the 21st century they say, it is the year 2006 they scream, and some fools still believe that the earth is flat..

tinkerbell :icon_chick:
  •  

Buffy

Steph,

You cannot change your birth certificate in the UK under the Gender Recognition Act 2004 if you are legally married. The UK does not recognize same sex marriages and before they issue a Gender Recognition Certificate you have to either divorce or sign a legal document to say you are not married (Statutory Declaration).

Not sure how marriages in Canada will be effected by this?

Buffy
  •  

Dennis

Given that you live in Canada Steph, you could always divorce, change your BC, then remarry as a same sex couple.

It looks like a fairly complicated and expensive procedure to change UK birth certificates. I guess I should do mine, but I dread it.

Dennis
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Quote from: Buffy on August 16, 2006, 08:16:57 AM
Steph,

You cannot change your birth certificate in the UK under the Gender Recognition Act 2004 if you are legally married. The UK does not recognize same sex marriages and before they issue a Gender Recognition Certificate you have to either divorce or sign a legal document to say you are not married (Statutory Declaration).

Not sure how marriages in Canada will be effected by this?

Buffy

And that's the pickle, same sex marriages are recognised in Canada.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Quote from: Dennis on August 16, 2006, 09:31:19 AM
Given that you live in Canada Steph, you could always divorce, change your BC, then remarry as a same sex couple.

It looks like a fairly complicated and expensive procedure to change UK birth certificates. I guess I should do mine, but I dread it.

Dennis

I think that given the hurdles, I may not bother.  There are not too many places that require you present a birth certificate as proof of anything.  I think that the passport office does, I'll have to check it out.

Steph
  •