Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Dr. Brassard Applying For A US License!

Started by Julie Marie, August 16, 2006, 05:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julie Marie

I just received an e-mail from a friend who recent;y had GRS with Brassard in Montreal.  She's been battling the ridiculous Illinois law that requires the surgeon performing the surgery to be licensed in Illinois before you can have the gender on your vital records changed. The e-mail said:

"Dear patient and friend:

I have received the emails regarding the new restrictive rule on birth certificate change.  It is a serious issue.  I am applying for medical licensure at the Michigan Department of Community Health.  Please spread the word.

Sincerely 

P. Brassard"

From everything I've heard he does great work and I had intended him to be my surgeon but that idiotic law created a lot of problems.  Now it looks like I won't have to find an alternative.
When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself.
  •  

Nero

Sounds like a doc who really cares for his patients.

Nero
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Quote from: Nero on August 16, 2006, 05:52:50 PM
Sounds like a doc who really cares for his patients.

Nero

I have contacted many people who have had Dr Brassard as their surgeon, and so far all the replies have been positive, which is a good thing as he will be doing my surgery on Dec 11th :).  I have seen pictures of his work as well but as we all know there is no way of guaranteeing authenticity.  I have a consult with him on September 22nd so I will be able to relay my impressions.

Steph
  •  

tinkerbell

It's about time!  I'm sure many more americans will benefit from his amazing skills.  He's indeed a remarkable person and an excellent surgeon....and of course a cutie! :D

tinkerbell 
  •  

LostInTime

If I actually played and hit the lottery, I would schedule surgery with him in a heartbeat.  MOF, I picked him out as my surgeon in 98, back when it was under $10K.  Everyone I have talked to (and that includes patients and doctors) says that he is top notch in what he does and in patient care.  I am not surprised that he has gone ahead to do this and I can only hope that the restrictions do not become tighter in other states.
  •  

BrandiOK

Wow..that's great.  My roommate was actually the first one affected by this law in Illinois.  We were also the first ones to obtain legal help and challenge this law.  We contacted Lambda Legal and they jumped at the chance to help.  As of the last update I got from them they were still fighting but have yet to get any results.  While Dr. Brassard filing for a U.S. license is great, this law still needs to be repealed for the sake of individuals who choose a different surgeon outside the U.S..  If you live in Illinois you should contact your state rep and voice how unfair this new law is.
  •  

Julie Marie

Quote from: BrandiOK on September 01, 2006, 09:16:11 AM
If you live in Illinois you should contact your state rep and voice how unfair this new law is.

I did.
When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself.
  •  

Christina_Lee

I trust Dr. Brassard implicitly and just cannot picture anyone else doing the job of SRS on me.

I just hope that this licensing does not mean that he will go stateside as this will SEVERELY HURT my chances of being able to use him as a surgeon when my time comes. :(
  •