Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Viewing other members' profiles and editing your own

Started by Nero, February 26, 2009, 10:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draculess

I've been wondering about this, I was started to get frustrated that I couldn't mark my gender or anything. Seems kind of silly to me. I mean I get why you wouldn't be able to see other profiles.
  •  

Dena

This site is very heavily moderated. Not only are the moderators looking for problems but some of the member, other staff and former moderator are as well. We look at all post but people with low post counts we pay special attention to as they can be trolls or spammers. The 15 post limit allows us time to take a look at new members and make sure they will be good citizens of the site before we allow them access to some of the more advances and possibly harmful features of the site. Enabling the profile opens up more than just the profile so it's not simply a case of giving you access to only one feature.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Draculess

yeah, I half-figured it was something like that. makes sense. I didn't really realize how little I actually posted on here. I usually write longer things and then don't go on for a while.
  •  

Ubiq

Yeah, I just wasted some time trying to get this answered on the chat (the ones there carrying on some cliquey teen group convo and couldn't be bothered to answer until one nice person did). Not a good intro to the site... and now I'm annoyed that I'll need to be spamming the forum with posts just to be able to view someone's profile. I just ran into someone experiencing the same set of issues as me, down to some very unusual specifics, and wanted to see what else they posted on the subject (given their signature, it was an important enough one for them).
  •  

Dena

Welcome to Susan's Place. I recommend making informative useful post because Spam will earn 180 days time out and post padding will result in the posts being removed. We want to get to know you a little before we allow you access to some of the more powerful feature of the site such as personal messaging. The links will explain the rules and as this is a heavily moderated site, you are being watched.

Things that you should read

Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Mariah

Sorry that you had that experience in chat. 15 posts will happen before you know it. It's done to ensure that those that would harm us can't access our information so easily. I'm sorry that it seems like it is making things more difficult for you. Hugs
Mariah
Quote from: Ubiq on June 21, 2016, 05:10:09 PM
Yeah, I just wasted some time trying to get this answered on the chat (the ones there carrying on some cliquey teen group convo and couldn't be bothered to answer until one nice person did). Not a good intro to the site... and now I'm annoyed that I'll need to be spamming the forum with posts just to be able to view someone's profile. I just ran into someone experiencing the same set of issues as me, down to some very unusual specifics, and wanted to see what else they posted on the subject (given their signature, it was an important enough one for them).
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

Chloe Cloud

•  

Dena

As moderators, we keep an eye on the members. We don't want people spreading spam by PM, we don't want people using the site as a dating web site and we don't want people who intend to harm others. If we don't learn of your intentions in 15 posts, we will take action to protect the members and the site until we know more about you.
  •  

MistressStevie

While it will probably take a while for me to hit 15 posts at my infrequent posting rate, the logic behind making sure people are willing to play ball by the TOS is not rare among quality boards that I have experience with.  Absence of solid moderation can increase the noise to signal ratio significantly.    I will do my time. 
  •  

jessiliu85

Quote from: NeonStars on July 05, 2009, 06:25:56 PM
Lol i wonderd why i couldin view ppls profiles or edit my own =/
Same question I have too.
  •  

jessiliu85

Quote from: Legora on May 25, 2010, 08:29:09 AM
Does the 15 post limit also limit sending or replying to personal messages?  Because I can't figure out how to do that.
I hope it does count.

Sent from my ASUS_T00N using Tapatalk

•  

jessiliu85

Does it also mean that I can only upload my avatar after 15 posts also?

Sent from my ASUS_T00N using Tapatalk

•  

Dena

Reaching 15 posts unlocks almost everything other that the ability to smite or applaud a member. That takes 50 posts because smites or applauds should be difficult to earn. They are not to be treated as likes in other sites but are instead marks of a major accomplishment.

However a word of warning moderators and administrators have the power to disable PMs, profile access, karma and posting ability if we see them abused. We don't do it often but we have done it in the past.
  •  

Dena

Quote from: jessiliu85 on April 03, 2017, 05:18:02 AM
Same question I have too.
Welcome to Susan's Place. You may have seen these scattered around the site but we present all new member with a set of the greeting links. They explain a good deal about the operation of the site and it's best to review them as they will answer some of the questions you might have about the site.

Things that you should read

•  

maybeventually

•  

JessiCalypsoƸ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

Ahh I see!! Was trying to upload a pic of myself but couldn't figure it out...

Sent from my Z799VL using Tapatalk

"This, too, shall pass." So simple. So powerful. Saved my life. 💖⚧💋
  •  

aves

-aves
Sept 2017- First doctor's appointment; came out socially
Oct 2017- Came out to my extended family
Feb 2018- Endocrinologist appointment; let's hope this also means T!

English/Sociology student
  •  

Cakemonstomus

Well that makes more sense, I just found this after searching for like half an hour 😶
9/07: privately came out to my older sister
9/15: came out publicly as mtf
8/16: name and gender "unofficially" changed on school records
4/18: started hrt
8/18: legal gender and name change
--/19: SRS
  •  

Cakemonstomus

9/07: privately came out to my older sister
9/15: came out publicly as mtf
8/16: name and gender "unofficially" changed on school records
4/18: started hrt