Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Viewing other members' profiles and editing your own

Started by Nero, February 26, 2009, 10:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nero

Viewing other members' profiles and editing your own profile is not possible until you have reached a minimum of 15 posts.

For more information about post ranks, please see here: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,114.0.html
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

NeonStars

Lol i wonderd why i couldin view ppls profiles or edit my own =/
  •  

latosha.gerty

•  

Sebastian

AHA!
and this does answer the elusive question I had this morning.  :)
Cheers,
Seb

Post Merge: March 24, 2010, 05:43:17 PM

and I hope the verification stuff goes away then too.
am assuming it does.
  •  

HayleyVera

•  

andream

I've been wondering that for ages, and I kept thinking that I had to join a group to be able to put my avatar picture on. So I have to write 15 posts before I can put my face in my profile!
  •  

Cindy

Quote from: andream on April 25, 2010, 10:46:39 PM
I've been wondering that for ages, and I kept thinking that I had to join a group to be able to put my avatar picture on. So I have to write 15 posts before I can put my face in my profile!

Yes, and please make them real posts, we are a family here and want to have nice and interesting posts, not just stacked.

Oh and BTW welcome to all the newbies that I haven't managed to catch up with :-* :-* :-*. I hope you all have a great time on this site ;D

Hugs

Cindy
  •  

Legora

Does the 15 post limit also limit sending or replying to personal messages?  Because I can't figure out how to do that.
  •  

Miniar

Quote from: Legora on May 25, 2010, 08:29:09 AM
Does the 15 post limit also limit sending or replying to personal messages?  Because I can't figure out how to do that.

Yes.

Follow the link in the original post in this topic for more information.

"Everyone who has ever built anywhere a new heaven first found the power thereto in his own hell" - Nietzsche
  •  

Sandy

Yes it does.  Once you get to 15 posts you'll be able to PM.
Out of the darkness, into the light.
Following my bliss.
I am complete...
  •  

frankenstein

haha, i was wondering. you should maybe put this in the profile thing in the help section so we're not on a scavenger hunt for why we can't. ?
  •  

Corey

Thanks for posting this, although it took me about 5 days to find it.
  •  

Arch

Okay, I'm not trying to be obnoxious here. But if you read the TOS and other, what do you call 'em, stickies? in the Announcements section, you'll find this information right there, in the third entry. I know it's a lot of reading, but at least it's all in one place. (It might not have always been that way, but it sure is now.) Reading those announcement threads is part of your responsibility as a member and can save you a lot of time and trouble later.
"The hammer is my penis." --Captain Hammer

"When all you have is a hammer . . ." --Anonymous carpenter
  •  

kelliehusker

•  

Raven

So in other words you can not put anything on your profile at all until you have at least 15 posts? Eh the only way I have to get on the internet is on my phone unless I go to the libary or an friends house. Shouldn't I be able to go to my profile and put stuff on it by useing my phone?
  •  

Cindy

The rules are simple.

Read the TOS.

We are not responsible for your internet access.

How can we be?????????? ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Cindy
  •  

Vaerama

Quote from: Cindy James on April 26, 2010, 02:43:32 AM
Yes, and please make them real posts, we are a family here and want to have nice and interesting posts, not just stacked.

Cindy

Although even better would be to be stacked so full of nice and interesting posts that one cannot see through the amount of awesome.

Eventually: all of this becomes boring and one's understanding of 'what is nice' changes to include right on about everything. And then that leaves one bored out of their skull and all angry-like  :)

It's annoying to have to Verify each post though... I can barely make out those letters, and that first could be a G, and O, a C, a P... lots of things (tis no surprise the average computer can scarcely do it). :-/

Edit: just realized I was still living in 2010 in my head when I posted this XD
  •  

kristin?

"What happened happened and could not have happened any other way."
-Morpheus, The Matrix Reloaded

Formspring - somedaykristin
  •