Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Putting up a picture in your profile

Started by Nero, February 26, 2009, 10:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nero

You will not be able to put up a picture in your profile until you have reached a minimum of 15 posts.

For more information about post ranks, please see here: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,114.0.html
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

Tristan

•  

she_male

Good to know. lol with a username like mine, i was hoping i'd be able to put one up right away to show that i am, in fact, a real person  :-\
  •  

Feever

Wow.  Interesting choice of a username.

I have a whole lot of thoughts on it, but I cant seem to get them in order.  Can I ask why you chose it?
  •  

she_male

Well, it's my username on LiveJournal, DreamWidth, and one or two other journal/networking sites (without the hyphen--just ">-bleeped-<"). 

It's also a word that I'm using in the reclaiming sense, and, at this point, it's a part of my identity--while I do identify as a trans woman, I also identify as a third-sex, transsexual-bodied >-bleeped-<.
  •  

Feever

OK.

My name is also a name that i have used in other places, such as online gaming.  It is an intentional mis-spelling of the word fever, which is kind of how I feel when the desire to be female is overwhelming.

So, I suppose we have something in common, our names just aren't random names.
  •  

she_male

Quote from: Feever on May 23, 2009, 09:05:28 AMIt is an intentional mis-spelling of the word fever, which is kind of how I feel when the desire to be female is overwhelming.

Awww :(

I know how tough body dysphoria and interacting with people who misgender you can be, but it gets easier--especially if you're able to do what it takes (whatever that is; it's different for everyone)  to make yourself feel comfortable with the way you look (or whatever it is that's bothering you), and to disregard the opinions of other people who think that they're entitled to tell you what your gender/body/sex is like they know better than you.

I wish you luck :)
  •  

Rhonda*

So that is what the glitch was about the profile thingy, I didn't know that.. its a good thing that I didn't format my computer checking for bugs. Oh yeah about that "verification" thingy.. hum :D
  •  

kelliehusker

So I guess I'm not computer stupid like I thought I was.   ;D
  •  

madwoman_in_the_attic

I'm glad this question was asked and answered here, because I was wondering! Thank you all!

(Especially Forum Admin! The thought of 10,000+ posts makes my head spin.)
  •  

Nero

Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

Mourning-star

•  

Morty

•  

Christopher

Thank you for letting us know what it takes to put up a picture, but once we reach our 15 posts is there a size limit for a picture
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: Christopher on June 24, 2012, 12:32:33 PM
Thank you for letting us know what it takes to put up a picture, but once we reach our 15 posts is there a size limit for a picture

The guidance for avatar size is about 200x200 pixels, as I recall.  It is found in the "Announcements" forum, as a "sticky" (permanent post).

https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,59974.0.html

I'll ask and correct this as necessary.  Mine is probably a little bit too large, but it was designed for me by another artistic moderator. - so I'm never changing it.
  •  

Devlyn

Limits? We don't need no steenking limits! Mine is as big as a street sign. Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on June 24, 2012, 01:18:04 PM
Limits? We don't need no steenking limits! Mine is as big as a street sign. Hugs, Devlyn

But it is a very tasteful, petite street sign.  "Practically perfect in every way."
  •  

Nina Podolskaya

i was wondering why i'm not able to upload avatar..... :P
  •  

Padma

Quote from: SaYa19 on September 30, 2012, 12:03:32 PM
i was wondering why i'm not able to upload avatar..... :P
You should be able to, now you have 15 posts :).
Womandrogyneâ„¢
  •  

LBoy

Here's my first of 15 posts...glad I looked here because I just kept on clicking on the avatar thingie and nothing would happen....Thanks.  Today is my first day here!
I'm an almost 50 year old gender variant boy.  I don't desire to fully transition to male, but I am in the process of getting ready for FTM top surgery to make my chest congruent to how I feel like it should have always been.  The binary isn't for me.  I'm interested in reading posts and talking to other GQ, Agender, gender variant/fluid, two spirit etc folks. Thanks.
  •