Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

need help with schoolwork

Started by BlueAndYellow, March 01, 2009, 12:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueAndYellow

Before I ask, let me explain this situation...

At the beginning of this school year I came out to my entire school, or at least my year (but since everyone is talking, everybody knows about me...) and of course to my teachers as well. I was afraid of coming out to them since I always was one of the best students at school and somehow I knew there would be a change of how my teachers in grading me though my performance remains at the same level.
So, on my first day at school, about four hours after my first coming out as a transsexual I came out to my present English teacher and it was horrible. First thing she said to me after the lesson had started was: "Matthew...as you want to be called..." and I just sat there knowing I would get trouble with her. And I was right. My grades remain at the same high level except of English. It seems that she looks through my work twice with a grammar dictionary and a translation help...I can prove she marks mistakes others make as well but in their case she would not have marked them. It is pretty annoying to have an English intensive course and dropping from best grade to somewhere in the middle.

Now, since I am not able to get anywhere in my exams, I decided to do my scientific work in English(everyone in my year has to do one in a chosen subject). It counts as much as an exam and I have to hand it in soon.

Yeah, what I want... Is there someone out there who would look over my paper and help me correcting some mistakes and maybe giving me some advice with some expressions/phrases? I wrote about Bush/Obama and whether Obama can change America's course. And well... there are 12 written pages, but I'd be happy if someone would look through at least some of them

Well, somehow I feel like this is really overcharged, but I don't really know whom else to ask... Oh, I cannot openly post it here what would make everything easier, since my teacher would find it and then I would get into real problems... So any messenger, emails or PMs would do it... I know I have been not here for too long and most of you don't know me at all... I hope you will help me anyway...

Thanks a lot,
Matt
  •  

Lutin

Certainly, fire away! PM or email me (william_bicpentameter_m@yahoo.com.au), and don't worry about the length, send as many pages as you've written.

William
  •  

Michelle.

I would be willing to help.

Note, that I walk the libertarian/conservative line when it comes to American politics.

michellesofl@yahoo.com
  •  

tekla

I'd just say stick it up on its own thread and let people have at it.

But, folks, remember, play college professor here, its not about your politics, its about how well the paper is written to make its point.  Stuff like unsupported conclusions are fair game, but the conclusion itself is not.  After you turn it in Susan could delete it, and there you have it.

Of course, my opinion is not official, has no power, and is only the first opinion of many today that's going to be overturned for no apparent reason, as I tell people at work all the time.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •