Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Your Life....

Started by MeghanAndrews, March 14, 2009, 01:57:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you where you thought you'd be a year ago?

I'm doing better than I thought I'd be.
20 (44.4%)
I'm doing ok, I thought I'd be doing better
12 (26.7%)
I'm not doing too well, I thought I'd be doing better.
8 (17.8%)
I'm doing much worse than I thought I'd be.
5 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 32

MeghanAndrews

Oh great, another ambiguous Meghan poll!!! Lol, come on, you KNOW you love them! I write them that way on purpose, so you can explain your answer. Interpret your answer however you want. It could be overall in your life, your financial situation, your love life, your transition, whatever you want...Better or worse than one year ago from when you read this poll :) Meghan
  •  

Osiris

Financially I'm not doing so well, but last year I was in a bit of a downward spiral mentally. I'm doing much better this year, and for that I voted that I'm doing better than I thought I'd be.
अगणित रूप अनुप अपारा | निर्गुण सांगुन स्वरप तुम्हारा || नहिं कछु भेद वेद अस भासत | भक्तन से नहिं अन्तर रखत
  •  

tinkerbell

Hey, considering how the economy (and everything else) is these days, I am very fortunate and feel very blessed to say that:

QuoteI'm doing better than I thought I'd be.

tink :icon_chick:
  •  

Genevieve Swann

The economy has my life in shambles. Not starving or homeless yet. But things could be much better.

Janet_Girl

I am doing OK, but looking back over the last year, I wish I had made some different choices.  If I had I would have had my SRS already, but we can't change the past.

But I am working on my educational future, so things will change.
  •  

shanetastic

"I'm doing better than I thought I'd be."

I am no longer depressed and even though I quit transition once I am happy that I started it with a much better mentality than the last time :]
trying to live life one day at a time
  •  

Jay

Lovin' the polls Meghan! :)

QuoteI'm doing better than I thought I'd be.

Purely because I didn't think I have had my top surgery done by now.. although I keep losing track of time also! lol!

Jay

•  

Pica Pica

i'm doing much worse than i hoped last year in all ways.
'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

Constance

I voted "I'm doing ok, I thought I'd be doing better." This is primarily because I've failed to keep promises I made to myself.

Miniar

Like your average bloke. "I'm okay"
In reality, My emotions are running away with me, I'm so controlled by by my fears and insecurities that I wonder sometimes if I really choose anything at all or whether I'm just driven by my impulses (This obviously causes me to rip myself up mentally and emotionally on a daily basis). My finances are nowhere near acceptable, I still live in a house that belongs to my mother and the doctor bills have almost knocked me over the edge into bankruptcy (I'm working on getting some disability because I just can't do this on my own anymore). My body is effing borked so I'd hate it even it was the right sex and I foresee no end to the torment it brings me, the fibromyalgia diagnosis being the highlight of the last year cause it finally gave me a name to the thing that has been making me fee like s**t since I was 15!
Got my hubby though, and am happily married.
Got my daughter.
Got the support of family.
So I do the thing where you tuck away all the little things that make you want to scream 'til your voice fails you and then cry yourself to sleep, have 'nother cup of coffee, and go "me?, Oh I'm alright."

"Everyone who has ever built anywhere a new heaven first found the power thereto in his own hell" - Nietzsche
  •  

mmelny

"I'm doing better than I thought I'd be."

I made a transition plan, followed the plan through the ups and downs, and plowed through it.  The x-factor being the reactions of peers, family, friends, loved-ones, and co-workers as I slowly became "out", and transitioned.. ..which turned out to be a blessing.  The positive support and love that I received proved to be a godsend, and has enriched my life in ways that I could have never anticipated this time, a year ago. 

*huggs*,
Melan

•  

Jeannette

I'm doing better than I thought I'd be. I had GRS last year, so I'm finally me this year. :)
  •  

sd

100%... No clue.
My life has been in such a state of flux.
  •  

Christo

•  

cindybc

Doing better then I had anticipated. Was in a bit of a slump this past month but I think it was just cabin fever, I', my usual me again now.

And Chris I always think of you and Princess in my prayers. :icon_mrgreen:

Cindy
  •  

Chrissty

I think the terms "surviving" and "limbo" seem to best describe my current situation. :-\

I have taken a serious financial battering the last couple of months, and I am having to work very hard to recover the situation (though I know I will). My health is much poorer that I could have expected, and I am trying to find out if it is due to physcological or physical issues, as all the "normal" tests (BP/cholesterol/sugar/etc.) curently say I am 100% fit, and I am not overwieight  :-\

I suspect I am suffering from stress, but whether it is my GID or my general lifestyle, is the question I'm trying to sort out with my therapist. :-\

Chrissty
  •  

Yochanan

I'm ok, thought I'd be doing better... But now I'm taking real steps to actually help myself do better, so I'm good. =]
  •  

JakeGrimm

I had much bigger plans. Unfortunately, the economy didn't agree with them..... Yeah, I'm blaming everything on the economy. XP
  •  

Kylo

Definitely not. I had no idea how profound the effect hormones are on the mind 3 years ago, until I experienced what it's like to be so low on them that you become ill.

Then I began HRT and not only did I stop feeling like I was slowly dying, it began to build my health and stamina back up until I realized just how seriously ill - almost debilitated - I had been.

Not only that but I finally began to feel like myself. The anxiety and self-consciousness that followed me into every situation is gone, leaving just me behind.

I can't really explain how profound that is to anyone else, because I probably don't have the words for it. But I did not expect the HRT to affect me positively. I had no idea what it really does, beyond the physical changes people talk about. Now I understand. The difference between males and females and how they feel and navigate the world is much clearer now too.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Lady Sarah

There is always reason to say "things could be better", but I ain't gonna complain, because things could be so much worse.
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016
  •