News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Mich. fest still for ‘womyn-born womyn’ only, organizer says

Started by LostInTime, August 25, 2006, 02:47:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LostInTime

Article

Michigan Womyn's Music Festival organizers released a statement Aug. 22 saying the attendance of transgender women at this year's festival Aug. 8-13 does not abolish the event's long-standing mission of allowing "womyn-born womyn" only.

"If a transwoman purchased a ticket, it represents nothing more than that womon choosing to disrespect the stated intention of this festival," Lisa Vogel, co-founder of the 31-year-old festival, said in the statement.
[...]
Vogel declined an interview request about the Camp Trans press release, instead issuing only a three-page statement.

"Despite claims to the contrary by Camp Trans organizers, the festival remains a rare and precious space intended for womyn-born womyn," she said in the statement.

Lombardi said in an interview Aug. 23 she disagrees with Michigan Women's Festival organizers claiming Camp Trans was not victorious in abolishing the policy.
  •  

taylor

So does this mean a F2M can go??  I guess that would make them step back and reconsider their stand! I mean it that is what the intent is, then a F2M that sees themselves as having been born a womyn should be able to walk right in, with a male presentation and all...and I would personally lmao!

peace,

taylor
  •  

taylor

Oh and by the way, exactly how are they defining a woman??? I mean so far as I know no one has pulled off with 100% certianty what a woman and man really even is....

peace,

Taylor
  •