Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

40 Million Nonbelievers in America? The Secret Is Almost Out

Started by NicholeW., May 05, 2009, 09:05:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NicholeW.

Quote from: Vexing on May 11, 2009, 08:01:14 PM
However, you did quote my use of the word "Schlong", which is what seeded the possibility - I can't see why you would quote me otherwise :D

:laugh: How quaint. perhaps there's some validity for ESP, or perhaps it's simply a matter of reading correctly what a person exemplifies in their writing.

Yep, you're right, I had read the post where you used that word. And I used it in my reply because I made a correct presumption that you'd manage to find that "your" word, and, so, imagine the post was about you and that you'd use the use of "schlong" to found your belief. :laugh:

Vexing, you've a goodly ways to travel along most any path it seems.

Just so you know, the use of the word "schlong" pre-dated your birth by some little time; and so, use of the word doesn't indicate a reference to you.

The rest of the post bore no particular reason to comment. As you've said and we've all pretty much agreed, you have opinions. You're not the first human being to have them nor will you be the last.

If I see something that appears worth the candle perhaps we'll have a discussion sometime. A mass of negations based on your "belief" isn't gonna be the discussion though.

Best,

Nichole
  •  

Vexing

Quote from: Nichole on May 11, 2009, 08:56:15 PM
:laugh: How quaint. perhaps there's some validity for ESP, or perhaps it's simply a matter of reading correctly what a person exemplifies in their writing.

Yep, you're right, I had read the post where you used that word. And I used it in my reply because I made a correct presumption that you'd manage to find that "your" word, and, so, imagine the post was about you and that you'd use the use of "schlong" to found your belief. :laugh:

Or, in fewer words: yes, it was about Vexing. It was intentionally set up to bait her - nothing more; it had no relevance to the discussion.

QuoteVexing, you've a goodly ways to travel along most any path it seems
Baseless speculation. Ad hom attack.

QuoteJust so you know, the use of the word "schlong" pre-dated your birth by some little time; and so, use of the word doesn't indicate a reference to you.
However, you have admitted that you used it to bait me.
It's a little late to use that as a defense.
  •  

NicholeW.

Vex, that wasn't a defense. Nor was it a "bait." It was testing out an opinion about you that I thought your board behavior would bear out. It did. That's all. I had a notion and thought I'd check it out empirically. I did. It was as I thought.

Make of that whatever you wish. You will at any rate.

N~

•  

Vexing

That's nice.
Interestingly, it revealed far more about your behaviour :D
  •  

lizbeth

I thought for sure that there was going to be a religous flamewar in here when I saw the page count climb by 3 pages so quickly.

* beth~chella leaves disappointed
  •  

Just Kate

Quote from: beth~chella on May 11, 2009, 09:34:36 PM
I thought for sure that there was going to be a religous flamewar in here when I saw the page count climb by 3 pages so quickly.

* beth~chella leaves disappointed

I didn't expect it to be about the definition of atheism... well that's how it seemed to start - have NO IDEA where it is now.
Ill no longer be defined by my condition. From now on, I'm just, Kate.

http://autumnrain80.blogspot.com
  •  

V M

Yeah, Vexing and Nichole have been going at it all day. It was interesting for awhile...But then I got bored
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

lizbeth

Quote from: Virginia Marie on May 11, 2009, 09:41:42 PM
Yeah, Vexing and Nichole have been going at it all day. It was interesting for awhile...But then I got bored

it's not all bad, funny FAIL pics and MJ eating popcorn made it all worth it!
  •  

lisagurl

QuoteI didn't expect it to be about the definition of atheism... well that's how it seemed to start - have NO IDEA where it is now.

Does anyone look beyond the mask? Or are they too busy with their toys?
  •  

V M

How many intellectuals does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to read by candle light  :laugh: >:-) :laugh:
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Vexing

I wish the damn Rapture would happen, so that we can build cellphone towers where the churches were.
  •  

tekla

This is where the French can be your friends, while convincing people so go to a slaughterhouse (well, other than Wrigley Field) is hard to do, its even worse in the German das schlachthaus - but, ask if they would fancy an afternoon at the abattoir, well who could say no?
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Ani

to myself I am atheist, to others I usually say agnostic.  i've had no use for organized religion ever. 

not to paraphrase rumsfeld, but the whole subject is a known unknown

nobody knows, nobody can know. faith is a delusion.  a nice delusion for some, but a delusion just the same
  •  

Annwyn

"Do you believe in God?  Say yes, and pull the trigger."
  •  

Suzy

•  

Annwyn

•  

Sigma Prime

Quote from: tekla on May 07, 2009, 10:49:34 AM
I would imagine that most nonbelievers would term themselves as 'agnostic' more than 'atheist.'
I don't care what they call themselves. They're atheists.

Atheists make for stable countries that don't tend to invade other countries unnecessarily.
  •