Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Someone\'s starting some video dialogue

Started by Pica Pica, April 27, 2009, 12:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaimey

I see your picnic and raise you a Bauhaus concert and a bottle of Absinthe.  Your move!  :P
If curiosity really killed the cat, I'd already be dead. :laugh:

"How far you go in life depends on you being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and the strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these." GWC
  •  

tekla

FTW - I gave Peter Murphy a personal tour of the Fillmore Art Collection (I'm the resident Fillmore historian), after which, he came over and sat down at the table with me for dinner.  On Halloween. 

The show opened with two girls, looking for all the world like the Addams Family, playing Bella on cello, and Peter hanging upside down in a bat cape.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

V M

Peter Murphy at dinner? Virginia is getting very jealous. I was just playing Bella before I read this a few moments ago  :P
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Jade H

Ok, so with weegerri's pronunciation, how would one pronounce "androgen"?

...and this is where it becomes a bit confusing, because I'm on anti-androgens... ??? But it's not a cure to being Androgyne... :-\ Should this just make be less tolerant of myself? :o ...Oi...

Thanks for sharing your reply video Pica! It's really comforting to put a personality and voice to the disembodied/sterile forum presentation... You're very likeable... :D

•  

Pica Pica

Likeable? Awww Thanks. I thought the fact I had to edit it down made me sound a little out of it.

- This is a very tenuous 'gother than thou', but my uncle used to have his drums set up by Robert Smith.

'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

Jade H

Quote from: Pica Pica on May 02, 2009, 04:56:10 AM

Likeable? Awww Thanks. I thought the fact I had to edit it down made me sound a little out of it.

I wanted to say: "Loveable"... But sounds too cheesy and insincere...
Maybe a little frustrated (oh, this again... can't we just be... agh... have to justify myself... again...) but definitely not "out of it"...

•  

Simone Louise

Quote from: Jaimey on May 02, 2009, 12:36:16 AM
You know, Simone, the more I look at you, the more you look like a guru.  I bow to you, oh wise one.  :laugh:

One of my favorite stories is as follows:
When his teacher the holy Yehudi died, Rabbi Bunam remained in the town of Pzhysha. Once when his wife was sitting at the window, she saw a carriage full of people stop in front of their house. She ran to her husband and cried: "Bunam, a whole carriage-load of hasidim has come to you!"
"What are you thinking of," he said. "You know that that's not my business." But an hour later, when they had all left, he said to her: "There's no helping it. I cannot hold out against it any longer. The moment they came in, I knew the needs and wishes of every one of them."

I just looked out the front door and did not see a carriage full of people. I take that as an indication that I am not a rebbe, sage, or guru.

Peace be upon you, child,
S
Choose life.
  •  

Jaimey

Quote from: tekla on May 02, 2009, 12:50:42 AM
FTW - I gave Peter Murphy a personal tour of the Fillmore Art Collection (I'm the resident Fillmore historian), after which, he came over and sat down at the table with me for dinner.  On Halloween. 

The show opened with two girls, looking for all the world like the Addams Family, playing Bella on cello, and Peter hanging upside down in a bat cape.

you totally win.  :laugh:

@Simone: ...perhaps a virtual carriage full?  :D  You always supply this motley crew with words of wisdom.  Guru or not, we love you.  :-*

"How far you go in life depends on you being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and the strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these." GWC
  •  

V M

I could care less how you pronounce it, as long as you don't fart  :laugh: >:-) :laugh:
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

KYLYKaHYT

Ewww, somebody turn on the fan-drogyne!  :D
ƃuoɹʍ llɐ ʇno əɯɐɔ ʇɐɥʇ
  •  

Jaimey

Quote from: KYLYKaHYT on May 03, 2009, 05:55:35 AM
Ewww, somebody turn on the fan-drogyne!  :D

wow...

as far as pronunciation...lots of words have more than one pronunciation, so why worry about it?

•  

Nicky

Quote from: Jaimey on May 03, 2009, 11:26:14 PM
wow...

as far as pronunciation...lots of words have more than one pronunciation, so why worry about it?

Cause everytime you say it wrong, somewhere in the forest a fairy dies  :'(
  •  

Jaimey

Quote from: Nicky on May 03, 2009, 11:32:29 PM
Cause everytime you say it wrong, somewhere in the forest a fairy dies  :'(

... :icon_tears:  that's so sad...oh well.  they should learn to not be so sensitive.  >:-)

•  

Saraloop

Simply in response to Weegerri's video; He seems to assume that androgyne can only mean 1 thing or the other, when in fact it is another broader term. It's stupid to think that you need to absolutely transition to be considered an androgyne. Everyone's mental states are different and you can't dismiss those that aren't as prone to physical expression, among other things.

You are androgyne or aren't based on your identity. Whether you can handle transitioning or not doesn't have to do with the term.
  •