Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Wiki Staff Positions OPEN

Started by 4years, July 18, 2005, 01:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4years

Wiki Staff Positions OPEN:

We are now accepting applications for volunteer positions on the Wiki Staff.

Qualifications:

• Need to be able to follow a standardized layout, such as that presented in the Wiki Article recommended layout post.
  • We would like each editor to be active at least once every week, ultimately we would like to see 10 edits (even if small) per weak per editor.
  • We would like more original content, if you like to write that is a plus (=

Note that if the formatting and layout seems daunting it is really just a clever deception! Wiki markup (what wiki pages are written in) is designed to be easy for the non-technical writer to be proficient in, an example of this post in wiki markup is below. I am also happy to help guide you along as you are learning.

Applicants should include a paragraph or so of writing on any existing wiki topic.

Duties:
In order of desirability:

• 1. Creation of more content and editing of existing content.
  • 2. Making sure additions to the wiki are appropriate and fit the context of the wiki. Topics should be TG related in some way or the do not belong.
  • 3. Editing of existing content to ensure a consistent layout and improving navigation.
  • 4. Ensure what is present can legally be here; Everything on the wiki should be under the GNU Free Documentation License 1.2.

Inquiries and Applications:
Applicants should include a paragraph or so of writing on any existing wiki topic.
Please send inquiries and applications to me via PM.

Wiki markup example:

== Wiki Staff Positions OPEN: ==

We are now accepting applications for volunteer positions on the Wiki Staff.

==Qualifications:==
:*Need to be able to follow a standardized layout, such as that presented in the [https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,181.0.html|Wiki Article recommended layout] post.
:*We would like each editor to be active at least once every week, ultimately we would like to see 10 edits (even if small) per weak per editor.
:*We would like more original content, if you like to write that is a plus (=

Note that if the '''formatting''' and ''layout'' seems daunting it is really just a clever deception! Wiki markup (what wiki pages are written in) is designed to be easy for the non-technical writer to be proficient in, an example of this post in wiki markup is below. I am also happy to help guide you along as you are learning.

'''''Applicants should include a paragraph or so of writing on any existing wiki topic.'''''

==Duties:==
In order of desirability:
:#Creation of more content and editing of existing content.
:#Making sure additions to the wiki are appropriate and fit the context of the wiki. Topics should be TG related in some way or the do not belong.
:#Editing of existing content to ensure a consistent layout and improving navigation.
:#Ensure what is present can legally be here; Everything on the wiki should be under the [http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html|GNU Free Documentation License 1.2].

==Inquiries and Applications:==
'''''Applicants should include a paragraph or so of writing on any existing wiki topic.'''''
Please send inquiries and applications to me via [https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=25|PM].

==Wiki markup example:==
the above...

See, not that bad! (More readable than the forum's formatting I might add)

See, not that bad! (More readable than the forum's formatting I might add)
  •