Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

So Just How Tall Am I?

Started by Lisbeth, June 22, 2009, 03:35:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisbeth

I went to the doctor today and the nurse measured my height. Then she says, "I'm confused. I measured you, and you were 5 feet 8 1/2 inches. In your chart it says the last time you were measured, you were 5 feet 10 inches." But wait, wait... I thought I was 5' 11".  :o
"Anyone who attempts to play the 'real transsexual' card should be summarily dismissed, as they are merely engaging in name calling rather than serious debate."
--Julia Serano

http://juliaserano.blogspot.com/2011/09/transsexual-versus-transgender.html
  •  

FairyGirl

I know that people are taller in the morning than in the evening, something about standing or sitting upright all day that compresses the little spaces between your vertabrae, up to several inches in fact. Anyway, good for you! I wouldn't mind shrinking a bit of height myself :)
Girls rule, boys drool.
If I keep a green bough in my heart, then the singing bird will come.
  •  

heatherrose

Quote from: FairyGirl on June 22, 2009, 03:53:24 PMAnyway, good for you! I wouldn't mind shrinking a bit of height myself :)

As long as it has nothing to do with a bone density problem.

"I have always wanted to have a neighbor just like you,
I've always wanted to live in a neighborhood with you.

So let's make the most of this beautiful day,
Since we're together, we might as well say,
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?" - Fred Rogers
  •  

Lisbeth

Quote from: heatherrose on June 22, 2009, 03:59:40 PM

As long as it has nothing to do with a bone density problem.

Amen!
"Anyone who attempts to play the 'real transsexual' card should be summarily dismissed, as they are merely engaging in name calling rather than serious debate."
--Julia Serano

•  

FairyGirl

Girls rule, boys drool.
If I keep a green bough in my heart, then the singing bird will come.
  •  

PinkSunshine

You're exactly as tall as you need to be.  ;)
  •  

Lisbeth

Well... I'm exactly the same height as my ex-spouse, but she always insisted I was 6 feet.
--Julia Serano

•  

Chloe

Quote from: Lisbeth on June 22, 2009, 03:35:26 PM
I went to the doctor today and the nurse measured my height. Then she says, "I'm confused. I measured you,

This is a common urban legend here, we all know better, unless one is very old, 'retired', perhaps missing the bottom part of a few, couple of feet?

lol
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"
  •  

Buffy

I have always been to short for my weight.

I need to go get my height measured, I might have grown!

Buffy
  •  

Alyssa M.

It also depends up to an inch or so on how you are standing. With good posture you'll be an inch taller than if you slouch. You can crane your neck probably half an inch beyond that if you try.

The last time I was measured, I had bad posture (because of some awkwardness around how the measuring stand was set up) and the doctor insisted I don't crane my neck (when all I was trying to do was stand up straight and not slouch), so I "lost" an inch compared with every other measurement of my height since I was about 16.

2.5 inches seems like a lot, though, more than you could explain by posture alone.
All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another.

- Anatole France
  •  

Janet_Girl

I am the same height from the floor to the top of my head, as I am from the top of my head to the floor.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Janet
  •  

Eva Marie

Quote from: Janet Lynn on June 23, 2009, 12:04:08 PM
I am the same height from the floor to the top of my head, as I am from the top of my head to the floor.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Janet

As long as your legs are long enough to reach the ground i'd say that you are tall enough  :D
  •  

heatherrose

Quote from: riven_one on June 23, 2009, 12:12:59 PM

As long as your legs are long enough to reach the ground i'd say that you are tall enough  :D

This is true but did you know,
that your arm span equals your height?
Didja, huh, didja?

Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
  •  

Eva Marie

Quote from: heatherrose on June 23, 2009, 12:40:06 PM

This is true but did you know,
that your arm span equals your height?
Didja, huh, didja?

LOL..... no I did not know that. I suppose that if you stick your arms out that would make you "square"  :D

•  

Jaimey

As for thinking you were 5'11", most people overestimate their height, so that might be a little of it...as for being shorter in your charts...???  I've got nothing.  :D  Congrats, though!  (if you're happy about being shorter, that is :D)
If curiosity really killed the cat, I'd already be dead. :laugh:

"How far you go in life depends on you being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and the strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these." GWC
  •  

heatherrose

Quote from: riven_one on June 23, 2009, 03:46:27 PM...if you stick your arms out that would make you "square"  :D

I've been told I don't have to "stick my arms out".

Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
  •  

Genevieve Swann

Obviously someone made a mistake on the chart or something. People become shorter with age but it takes time. Myself, I'm out of the closet and too tall to fit in there anymore.

heatherrose

Quote from: Genevieve Swann on June 25, 2009, 09:26:17 PMI'm out of the closet and too tall to fit in there anymore.

That's GREAT!  :icon_geekdance:  :icon_tenisclap:  :icon_geekdance:

NOW, don't try to fit yourself into a box.
Boxes are stuffy, dark, ill-fitting and are
usually made by someone else.
Labels are more portable but
they cover part of your beauty.

Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
  •