Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

And the most liberal city and most conservative city

Started by DarkLady, June 12, 2009, 10:45:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NicholeW.

Quote from: michellesofl on June 18, 2009, 07:09:58 PM
Nich'... funny, you crack me up sometimes. thanks I needed the laugh.

Entertainment?  Imagine the "Jolly Green Giant" and his family using our new geodesic dome homes as soccer balls!!! :P

:) Yep, I hadn't thought of that problem. My home as a soccer ball to green and very large people!! :laugh:
  •  

tekla

Hey I remember using acoustic couplers to hook up to the 'WELL and type Grateful Dead Set Lists in circa 1985-86 - in DOS mind you.  Much to CERNs constant chagrin, they only invented the now commonly used protocol, (which, like Windows and Apple OS allowed total morons to get access to computers) not the system, which, as you know - or should - is a 100% DoD/DoE infrastructure put together so that the few Cray supercomputers then existing could work together to solve calcs for nuclear weapons.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Michelle.

100% DoD/DoE infrastructure put together so that the few Cray supercomputers then existing could work together to solve calcs for nuclear weapons

I thought ARPANET was set up so that we could fire a return volley of M.A.D.
  •  

tekla

Nah, it was to 'simulate' nuclear expolsions so that despite a test ban treaty would could continue to 'explode' weapons, and thus design them better and improve them, as 'more bang for the buck' was always important.

The real MAD weapon were the subs.  Independant, alone, with standing orders - the subs were doomsday. 
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •