Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Woo getting it gone!

Started by Coatl, July 05, 2009, 05:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coatl

well starting Wednesday getting facial hair removed, cant wait! One of the local skin-care centers thats highly reputable here is doing a sale this month for 50% off laser hair removal and as part of the package free sessions after if some hairs are still regrowing! so things are going great!
  •  

Diane Elizabeth

I went to ALC for a free consult about a year ago.  They are quite pushy to get you to sign up right away.  I , luckily didn't sign up (especially after reading this).  I have done more research and several sources say that electrolisys is the only guarantee of permenant hair removal.  I am tryiing to get up the nerve (and money) to start with my chest hairs.  Dy len
Having you blanket in the wash is like finding your psychiatrist is gone for the weekend!         Linus "Peanuts"
  •  

Ms Jessica

Dylen--
Electro is currently the only method certified by the FDA for permanent hair removal.  Lasers are allowed to say "long term hair removal" but they aren't allowed to make a claim of permanence.  That said, there are plenty of girls here who have had good luck with lasers (myself included).  IIRC, most of the research stating that lasers are less efficient than electro is outdated; lasers have come very far in the last 10 to 20 years and are much more effective than they used to be, though some lasers are more effective than others. 

Also, laser efficacy has a lot to do with skin and hair color, so different people are necessarily going to get different results.  Electro just doesn't have that problem.   

I think it's rare for the laser to solve ALL of your facial hair problems, but it does happen for some people.  Electro is usually useful in some cleanup after you're mostly done with laser sessions, especially if you have some blonde or gray hairs that need cleaning up.  That's sort of where I'm at now, but I would not say that laser was a waste of time or money. 

BTW, good luck Coatl!  Keep us posted.
  •  

daisybelle

From a dollars and cents perspective:

1 two hour session of electrolysis costs in my area $145
She recommended once a week for 6 months and then maybe twice a month ( 1 hour sessions @ 105 ) for the next three and then once a month maintenance ( 1/2 hour sessions @ 75 ) ending the first year and for the second too.
so if I add it correctly  ( $145 * 24 ) + ( 6 * 105 ) * ( 15 * 55) equaling approximately $5000  and it may actually require more time.

So if the laser can do away with 80% at the price suggested below:
QuoteThe beard is usually $175 per treatment but right now it is on special for $125 per treatment or you can purchase a package if 6 for $600. But as it seems that you know it is not likely to be done with only 6 treatments, all consecutive treatments there after would be $125 or the current special which ever is better. Now, we do also offer a Full 2 Year Package... these are all the treatments you should need, plus they are guaranteed for 2 years so if you have any re-growth in the 1st 2 years you can come and get treatment for free. The 2 year package is $1400,and we offer financing at 0% Interest for 12 months, that makes it a  little more than$100/mo.  After 2 years if you ever need a touch up it would only be $40.

Elements Laser Spa
607 San Jacinto Blvd, Suite A
Austin TX, 78701
(512)444-4600

Then I think this might be the way.

Daisy

•