News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Transgender Woman Wins Discrimination Ruling

Started by LostInTime, September 14, 2006, 04:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LostInTime

Article

The Colorado Civil Rights Division has ruled that the firing of a transgender woman was the result of illegal sex discrimination, according to lawyers representing her.

The case involved Danielle M. Cornwell of Arvada, Colo., and her employment with Intermountain Testing Company.

According to attorney Mari Newman, Cornwell was known most of her life as David Cornwell but began transitioning to a female gender in June 2005 and informed the company that she was a transsexual. She was fired a month later by Intermountain Testing of Greenwood Village, Colo., Newman said.
Posted on: September 14, 2006, 04:08:48 PM
Ruling, In PDF format
  •  

Cindi Jones

Quote from: LostInTime on September 14, 2006, 04:10:20 PM

According to attorney Mari Newman, Cornwell was known most of her life as David Cornwell but began transitioning to a female gender in June 2005 and informed the company that she was a transsexual. She was fired a month later by Intermountain Testing of Greenwood Village, Colo., Newman said.
Posted on: September 14, 2006, 04:08:48 PM
Ruling, In PDF format

A M E N

I love to see these brave individuals face the real world and WIN!  It's a great thing for all of us.  My heart goes out in support for her.

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

angelsgirl

Good!  I worry about that happening to Jocelyn.  Hopefully this will show other employers that they better not mess!
  •