Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Dr. Brassards recovery residence

Started by BrandiOK, September 19, 2006, 12:16:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrandiOK

Has anyone had SRS in Montreal within the year?  I was going over thier website (once again) and noticed that they no longer show the picture of the chateau where patients went for recovery.  They now show what looks like it might be the chateau from the side with a big 3 story grey brick building next to it.  There is no longer any mention of the "house" as it was before. 

The pictures of the rooms, pool, dining area and yard are gone.  My roommate had SRS there last year and  they were still using the chateau exclusively for a recovery area.  I so very much wanted to have the same experience.  I will be very sad if they have changed to a more "clinical" setting.  I realize that space in the chateau was limited but it was such a beautiful place to recover in. 

I was just curious if any new "posties" had any information on this?
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Quote from: BrandiOK on September 19, 2006, 12:16:16 PM
  Has anyone had SRS in Montreal within the year?  I was going over thier website (once again) and noticed that they no longer show the picture of the chateau where patients went for recovery.  They now show what looks like it might be the chateau from the side with a big 3 story grey brick building next to it.  There is no longer any mention of the "house" as it was before. 

The pictures of the rooms, pool, dining area and yard are gone.  My roommate had SRS there last year and  they were still using the chateau exclusively for a recovery area.  I so very much wanted to have the same experience.  I will be very sad if they have changed to a more "clinical" setting.  I realize that space in the chateau was limited but it was such a beautiful place to recover in. 

I was just curious if any new "posties" had any information on this?

I'll be going there this Friday for my surgery consult if you can wait :) .  I know that the old residence has closed and the new one is next door to the clinic where they are able to provide 24/7 nursing care.  At the old residence it was not as good I believe.

Steph
  •  

BrandiOK

What a shame......it was such a beautiful home.  I was so looking forward to staying there.  I didn't get to go when my roommate had her SRS last year but she took a lot of photos.  <sigh>  :'(

Thanks Steph
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Yes it was very beautiful but one of the disadvantages was the distance from the clinic, or so I was told.  My SRS date is Dec 11th so I will be able to give you a first hand report on that as well.

Steph
  •