Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Fav Anime of all time

Started by phantom_heart, July 29, 2009, 11:47:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phantom_heart

Hey all dont know if there is a thred already but whats your fav Anime of all time!!

I'm going to cheat because i have 2 muwhahahah >:-)

Elfin Lied
Vampire Knight and Vampire Knight (Guilty)

:)

Also as a side whats the worst dubbed anime you've seen my vote number one is Vampire princess miyu, the english voice actors SUCKED
  •  

Lisbeth

I don't know. Maybe I'll vote for Ghost in The Shell.
"Anyone who attempts to play the 'real transsexual' card should be summarily dismissed, as they are merely engaging in name calling rather than serious debate."
--Julia Serano

http://juliaserano.blogspot.com/2011/09/transsexual-versus-transgender.html
  •  

Tammy Hope

The easiest answer there is for me

FULL METAL ALCHEMIST!

READY STEADY GO

I also liked Cowboy Beebop a ton.

Disclaimer: due to serious injury, most of my posts are made via Dragon Dictation which sometimes butchers grammar and mis-hears my words. I'm also too lazy to closely proof-read which means some of my comments will seem strange.

http://eachvoicepub.com/PaintedPonies.php
  •  

Butterfly

I've seen a few different series of different genres so I'd have to make a split decision. I'd say for a sorta action/fantasy series Naruto, Bleach or hack//SIGN. For comedy maybe Lucky star or Haruhi.
  •  

Notyetme

Evangelion. Easily, I know it's over hyped and over appretiated but I still love it.

After that? Ranma half of course (I'm just so cliche!)

Then jungle wa itsumo hale nochi gu
  •  

Annwyn

Gilgamesh.  Followed by a multiple tie for second: burst angel/outlaw star/zoids.
  •  

Tristan

i use to love ta watxh sailor moon in japan.
  •  

Jeatyn

I'm obsessed with Death Note

I used to really love fist of the north star too but I only saw a few episodes here and there....not watched it in forever, old and hard to find
  •  

LivingInGrey

All time??? Hm... only one.... Elfen Lied.

FMA is a good one.

I also like Hellsing.

Just finished Eureka Seven not that long ago... not a bad story but a bit Emo.

I've been trying to watch that Bleach one but it just doesn't hold my attention.

watched about one season of Naruto and lost interest in that also.

(this post modified a bazillion times by me)

GAH... One I haven't been able to finish that I'd like to see the rest of the series is 'daughter of 20 faces'.... started watching that but couldn't find translated episodes past 20(ish)
(ROCK) ---> ME <--- (HARD PLACE)
  •  

phantom_heart

yay u like Elfen lied too!! IT ROCKS i just LOVE IT

:D i do like FMA as well ooh and Claymore
  •  

Alyx.

My favorite anime would have to be Cardcaptor Sakura.

As for the worst anime dub, that would have to be Sailor Moon. -_- Seriously, did the actors and directors even TRY!?
If you do not agree to my demands... TOO LATE
  •  

LivingInGrey

I refuse to watch English dubbed versions unless there is no other way. I finished watching Hellsing in fan subtitle and stumbled onto the DVD with english voice over. I got through the first episode and stopped. Ever since then I haven't watched one in english.

From what I hear most of the voice over actors for American release anime sucks. Anyways, it's always nice to recognize japanese when I'm out in public and can at least understand some of the basic words.
  •  

Tammy Hope

my son has picked up a lot of Japanese like that.

For me, I loved the english voice acting in FMA and when I watched a couple of episodes of FMA Brotherhood in Japanese on line, I couldn't STAND the voices - they were not at all similar and it completely took me out of the story.
Disclaimer: due to serious injury, most of my posts are made via Dragon Dictation which sometimes butchers grammar and mis-hears my words. I'm also too lazy to closely proof-read which means some of my comments will seem strange.

http://eachvoicepub.com/PaintedPonies.php
  •  

LivingInGrey

I dont see iot that way for the brotherhood series. I watched all 50 some odd shows in Japanese and then the movie in Japanese, then saw a few shows with the English and went Blah!

I havent seen more then the first of the brotherhood series though. not sure if I want to get that going again... I'd have to read the manga again just to brush up on the story =/
  •  

Nero

anything with bouncing anime tits!
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

LordKAT

I blame my kids for this but...dragonball Z
  •  

FairyGirl

"Appleseed" is great for the graphics, but my favorite all-time is "My Neighbor Totoro", followed closely by "Spirited Away" or anything else by Hayao Miyazaki for that matter. He has a new one to be released in the US on August 14th called "Ponyo". Can't wait!
Girls rule, boys drool.
If I keep a green bough in my heart, then the singing bird will come.
  •  

Shana

Ghost in the Shell/Special edition - tops the list
followed by all the G.I.T.S. stories..

But Princess Mononoke holds a very special place in my heart

Followed closely by anything else ever done by Miyazaki San

Then the list just gets longer..

Bubble Gum crisis Tokyo 2040
Love Hina
Space Pirate Mito
Glass Fleet
Excel saga
Please Teacher
I my me! Strawberry eggs
KashiMashi girl meets girl
Maburaho
Captain Herlock
The irresponsible Captain Tylor
Cowboy Beebop
Angelic Layer
Area 88
Gunslinger girl
Chobits
Galaxy Express 999
Full metal panic
Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi
Azu Manga Daio
Cosplay Complex
Comic Party

ok, I'll stop now..

I loved Elfen Lied.. but did that ever mess with my head, and that takes a lot.

When it comes to Anime, I say: "Itadakimasu!!"  ;D
  •  

Key

I'm pretty sure I have a list longer than Shana's, so I'll just list the last few I've enjoyed.

Code Geass was good, great story line, good character buildup, excellent plot.  Then I watched through Gundam 00, which as far as gundam series go, is one of the best there is, even surpassing Wing.  Now I'm in the middle of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brother hood, I love it, saw the first series, like this one better (I squealed when Roy fought Lust) and Shangri-la which is an interesting post-apocalyptic anime with a MtF trans as one of the main characters, interestingly enough.
  •  

Inphyy

By the power of the moon, I shall right wrongs and triumph over evil! And that means...YOU!  ;)
  •