News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Does Progesterone Increase Breast Size?

Started by fae_reborn, August 05, 2009, 08:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmelny

Quote from: Steffi on August 31, 2009, 02:24:59 PM
Here are Dr Curtis's comments on Progesterone.
I am concerned about my breast development and was considering starting to take it, but I do find his explanations and arguments against here very persuasive.
http://www.gires.org.uk/assets/Medpro-Assets/Progesterone.pdf

- and I feel that his comments on Estrogen dosage are also interesting and worthy of consideration

Wonderful read, Thank You Steffi for posting that.  It's made me rethink my progesterone prescription, and am going to talk it over with my doctor at my next appt in a few weeks.   I know which way he leans already, which is for me to NOT be on it.  Some of the points in this article hit pretty dead on, like quite possibly the reason that I had breast growth during the period that I have been on P, could quite well because I did gain weight.   Enough so that I'm in process of losing it now through exercise and low-calorie/carb dieting, and wonder if it won't come right off the breasts.   

If indeed I come off P, and weight loss takes back my breastage, it looks like another surgery, a BA, which I was soo happy to not have to do.  But there's no way I can happily continue at my present weight, I so hate having extra pounds on.  And having larger breasts really has made me feel more complete.  They aren't huge, but they definitely enhance my silhouette, and look and feel (and when felt) great.  I pray they don't recede.  I hate the idea of having 'fake' breasts, but an A, or small B cup just won't do, for my large frame.   

But thank you for the post, it's one of the first writings on the subject that has swayed me the other way on this topic.

*huggs*,
Melan

•  

Autumn

Over 40% of women have a B cup according to some reports I read this morning. Like 1% have double D. Most of the women I know are double D - but they're quite fat. My ex is losing weight and the first place it came from was her boobs, which of course made her quite sad.

Breasts are mostly fat. It's a tradeoff. I've had other friends tell me they didn't like gaining weight but felt more whole with bigger boobs.
  •  

fae_reborn

Thanks for your replies everyone, and Steffi thanks for posting that link.  I am seeing my endo in a few weeks so I will ask and see if it would make a difference.

Oddly enough, I have noticed that my breasts have started growing again, so maybe I will just have to be patient and see where I am in another year.  ;D
  •  

V M

I'm rather glad for this thread. I've been considering hormone therapy for awhile now. But finding someone who is able and willing to prescribe it is somewhat a challenge in my area.

Could someone elaborate on what the risks are?
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Hannah

I liked that paper, it gave me a giggle and it kind of supports cycling estrogen levels. The best part is 'to get bigger boobs eat more pies'. Thank you for posting it.
  •  

Valerie Elizabeth

So, please disregard what I said.  I decided to retract it because it's 2am, I'm exhausted from work, and don't want to sound like a jackass without doing proper research first.

Sorry.
"There comes a point in life when you realize everything you know about yourself, it's all just conditioning."  True Blood

"You suffer a lot more hiding something than if you face up to it."  True Blood
  •  

Autumn

The article actually got me to go and buy a pie and some frozen yogurt. I know, ice cream would be better, but I'm doing this gradually.
  •  

V M

Quote from: Becca on September 02, 2009, 01:02:40 AM
I liked that paper, it gave me a giggle and it kind of supports cycling estrogen levels. The best part is 'to get bigger boobs eat more pies'. Thank you for posting it.
Mmmmm, I love cherry pie with dark chocolate drizzled on top. Or cheese cake. But I don't eat much sweets anymore  :P
Quote from: Valerie Elizabeth on September 02, 2009, 01:33:26 AM
So, please disregard what I said.  I decided to retract it because it's 2am, I'm exhausted from work, and don't want to sound like a jackass without doing proper research first.

Sorry.
Don't worry. Never saw it
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Hannah

Article or no article personally I plan to try it at the 12 month mark. Some people swear by it and some call it quackery, but with micronised progesterone in my opinion the potential benefits outweigh the risks.
  •  

aurora17

I was using progestin (Provera) for 3 months at the beginning of my HRT, but I felt the bad secondary effects (headaches, depression, etc) so I switched to micronized progesterone instead. I feel more sleepy at night, but I definitely sleep much better, with vivid dreams, I feel more relaxed and, maybe my breasts are growing firmer (but it might not be related). In any case, the health benefits of natural progresterone are good enough and I will keep using it until... maybe forever  ;D
  •  

Alyssa M.

mmmmmmmmm......... pie........ I shall have some right now. Peach, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

However, I'm probably going to fall off the wagon this weekend and go on a long hike, or maybe a 50-mile bike ride up in the mountains. I just don't have what it takes to keep up an optimum breast-enhancing lifestyle.  :'( :laugh:
All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another.

- Anatole France
  •  

Valerie Elizabeth

Quote from: Alyssa M. on September 03, 2009, 10:26:44 PM
mmmmmmmmm......... pie........ I shall have some right now. Peach, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

However, I'm probably going to fall off the wagon this weekend and go on a long hike, or maybe a 50-mile bike ride up in the mountains. I just don't have what it takes to keep up an optimum breast-enhancing lifestyle.  :'( :laugh:

Wait, I'm confused.  You are stopping hormones for a bike ride or a hike?  Did I miss something?
"There comes a point in life when you realize everything you know about yourself, it's all just conditioning."  True Blood

•  

V M

We're eating pies. Would you like a slice or two or three?  :laugh:

- V M
  •  

Valerie Elizabeth

Quote from: Virginia Marie on September 04, 2009, 12:09:50 AM
We're eating pies. Would you like a slice or two or three?

Hmmm.  I'm going to have to pass on this one.  I kinda have this opposition to pie...

•  

V M

That's okay, I can't eat much sweets anymore. So I'm eating a turkey pot pie  :laugh:

- V M
  •  

Valerie Elizabeth

Quote from: Virginia Marie on September 04, 2009, 12:18:16 AM
That's okay, I can't eat much sweets anymore. So I'm eating a turkey pot pie  :laugh:

Oh, I love my sweets, and can still eat plenty of them.  I just don't like pie.  It's just weird.  Yuck.  lol.

Anyway, to get back on topic.  I think I remember reading in another thread that you should start taking progesterone after about a year.  Anyone else hear something similar?

•  

Hannah

Yeah, I think it was on Dr. Bushong's website but I'm not sure. I wonder why they suggest waiting; I'm curious if being on hrt for a time first causes our bodies to make extra receptors or some other change to enable it. That would explain the wide variety of reports on it, I don't think I've ever read any study with a one year previous hrt qualifier.
  •  

Alyssa M.

Valerie, the article posted earlier in the topic described progesterone as useless at best in helping with breast growth: "For those who wish bigger breasts, save your money, reduce the side effects and longer term risks and just eat more pies."

The author of the article says that best feminization usually goes with a weight gain of about ten pounds, and suggests avoiding large amounts of cardiovascular exercise.

The pies I can do. Avoiding extreme cardio workouts will be tough. Taking estrogen and spiro is assumed.
All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another.

- Anatole France
  •  

Valerie Elizabeth

Quote from: Alyssa M. on September 04, 2009, 01:58:13 AM
Valerie, the article posted earlier in the topic described progesterone as useless at best in helping with breast growth: "For those who wish bigger breasts, save your money, reduce the side effects and longer term risks and just eat more pies."

The author of the article says that best feminization usually goes with a weight gain of about ten pounds, and suggests avoiding large amounts of cardiovascular exercise.

The pies I can do. Avoiding extreme cardio workouts will be tough. Taking estrogen and spiro is assumed.

I can't gain weight if I tried, and I am trying.  Since starting hormones, I have dropped 10 pounds. 

I understand what the article said.  I don't agree with it though.  I feel like I have read more articles for progesterone, and now one against it.  I don't know though, as I can't back that statement up at the moment.

•  

Alyssa M.

I'll see how it goes and consult with my doctor; for now I'm reasonably happy with my progress, but it's been only about six months.

- Anatole France
  •